[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

arch doesnt have these problems >hurr ubuntu is easy they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

arch doesnt have these problems
>hurr ubuntu is easy they said
>it just works they said
>its all going to be ok they said

fuck this im installing arch at least that got my screen resolution right
>>
just change your resolution then famalam
>>
>can use arch
>too dumb for ubuntu
made me think
>>
>>59812620
this is the only resolution option here
>>
>>59812651
thats unusual; which graphic card do you use?
>>
>>59812621
ubuntu us just broken i even used the nvidia xconfig utility and nothing
>>
>>59812621
To be fair this is entirely possible because you build Arch for your system from the ground up, the time you spend installing it is the time you would spend fiddling around in another distro just getting good audio/visual settings
>>
>>59812692
gtx 1070
>>
>>59812721
Enable the nvidia proprietary drivers.
>>
you have to be a special kind of tard to fuck up ubuntu
>>
>>59812710
>you build Arch for your system from the ground up
Nope, you just install some packages.
>>
>>59812740
I have those installed the nouevou ones don't even work in This card
>>
>>59812865
you can try the xorg-edgers ppa, and look if there is a newer driver version there; however i'm not sure if it might break your system
>>
>>59812929
I don't need to installed arch installed x typed "X" into the command line and it had both my monitors at full resolution out of the box sure it's a black screen but the point is it found the right settings
>>
>>59813086
im glad something worked out for you in the end
>>
>>59813126
And now I'm installing mate anyway
>>
You can't edit the xorg configuration file?
And you fell for the arch meme?
And you got arch running and downgraded to Ubuntu?

What are you doing with your time.... Ffs
>>
>>59813149
>Got arch running

Arch is a piece of cake Ubuntu usually is except when you have to use the minimal CD cause your card doesn't work with the open drivers so no live cd will even boot
>>
>>59812710
>because you build Arch for your system
You configure it for the system rather than build.
>>
>>59812721
Lies this is a VM
>>59812592
Low quality bait
>>
>>59814295
>640x480
>low quality bait
No shit.
>>
>>59814295
That was absolutely not in a vm it was just Ubuntu being goofy really
>>
>>59813149
>downgraded to ubuntu

lol Arch sucks, pacman sucks Ubuntu is way better

i use Mint, installed Arch with Gnome 3 in a vm to see what the hype is. Total shit, why would i want to build every piece of software I want when other distros do it for me?
>>
>>59815734
you get that :^)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.