[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>regular netinstall doesn't work because it's missing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: debian-logo.png (28KB, 512x636px) Image search: [Google]
debian-logo.png
28KB, 512x636px
>regular netinstall doesn't work because it's missing some nonfree firmware for my internet connection (only have ethernet)
>spend half an hour searching the problem online
>download a package containing not only the firmware I need but about 30 others
>extract it to a FAT32 drive
>extract the .tar
>run the installer again
>nope
>try some CLI shit I saw on a forum while searching the problem
>doesn't work
>download the nonfree .iso that supposedly has all the firmware installed
>doesn't work
>either have to download a third .iso specifically for computers without internet connections or give up entirely
Wasn't this supposed to be the good one?
>>
install fedora or something
>>
>>59806349
>>regular netinstall doesn't work because it's missing some nonfree firmware for my internet connection (only have ethernet)

holy shit you're retarded

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/
>>
>>59806375
>reddit-spacing faggot calls me retarded but can't even read a whole post
The EXACT same thing happens with that iso.
>>
muhminimul shits don't know how to take care of themselves and their body is going to be dilapidated shit, just like you think you're a special snowflake for choosing the nothing version and then complain it has no drivers. What do you think the space on the big iso was for. if it worked, next you'd complain that the netinstall didn't come with a desktop
>>
>>59806394
If the netinstall version has no nonfree firmware, and the one that includes nonfree firmware does the exact same thing, why the fuck would the bigger iso work? I'm not even using wifi. No other distro I've tried out has had even one second's worth of issues regarding my connection. Yet the supposed good one can't even give me a connection.
>>
File: 1377182088757.png (276KB, 453x399px) Image search: [Google]
1377182088757.png
276KB, 453x399px
I have never seen any ethernetcard ('wadda'ya call it?) that didn't work with the standardshit.

Good luck finding some extraordinary drivers for this.
>>
>>59806349
>extract it to a FAT32 drive
dd that shit you dingus
FAT32 doesn't have symlink support
the way you extract it just skips them, leaving shit half done
>>
you think you have it bad OP?

try having wifi as your only option and Debian fat ISO not having your particular non-free wifi driver

eventually got it to work by pretty much bending backwards
recently learned that switching to another wifi network doesn't just werk but is also done by hand in the terminal

Debian is a piece of shit
>>
>>59806394
did you even read the fucking OP
>>
as soon as any of your hardware is deemed non-free (which you usually have no way of knowing), that distro will start actively working against you
>>
>>59807800
connecting to a wifi network can be done in no time via the terminal

"but ill have to search for a solution online and then actually press buttons on my keyboard"
buy a macbook
>>
>>59807843
>connecting to a wifi network can be done in no time via the terminal
Irrelevant, because that already means that it doesn't 'just werk' like I'd have wanted it to

I'm well aware that it takes 2 very simple commands
>>
>>59807855
again, buy a macbook
if you're too incompetent to connect to wifi via CLI then you're not fit to use even debian
>>
>>59807877
fuck off autistic archbabby
distros that just werk certainly exist, just not the hunk of shit that is called Debian
>>
>>59807894
Arch just works senpai
If OP was using Arch the archiso kernel and dhcpcd would automatically connect him to the internet without having to type any commands
If you're wifi all you need is wifi-menu
>>
>>59807894
I use debian and connected to wifi with a terminal command that took me a few minutes to figure out online
cry more macbaby
>>
>>59807928
sounds pretty enticing
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.