[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows : Does the shit I need it to do without bitching BUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: bloody_steak.jpg (81KB, 1000x710px) Image search: [Google]
bloody_steak.jpg
81KB, 1000x710px
Windows : Does the shit I need it to do without bitching BUT is full of crap, notifications/cortana/even office suite is fragmented trash. No real power usablity

Linux : POWER USER, can do anything that you put your mind to (except run useful software) BUT every single fucking thing requires a trip to stack overflow. User friendly distros are worst parts of windows and mac, advanced distros have shit support. Everything is fragmented to the point you either make Linux a lifestyle or just gimp through it. Drivers? Good luck

Mac : to be honest I don't know. Seems like a linux light with actual support. But seems to be a bad investment since apple is separating ios and mac and focusing on ios.

Is desktop computing dead?
>>
How fucking autistic are you jesus christ
>>
>underpants
>>
>inb4 bsd
>>
I use all 3.

>can do anything that you put your mind to (except run useful software)

Agree here though.
>>
Windows: Good for running a web browser and other basic programs without having to think about anything. Breaks down when doing anything outside the scope of the average technically inept user's requirements. Even something simple like copying a file between two computers becomes a needlessly complex chore in navigating in and out of many different GUIs and configuration of multiple obscure settings.

Linux: Logically designed OS that give you the tools to programmatically control everything. For example copying files between two systems is a single command. You just have to know the commands.

Mac: Bug ridden legacy OS from the 90s with a layers upon layers of half backed gimmick features and ad hoc functionality, composed of ported free software from the 90s patched and duct tape to at least run on modern hardware. Has no redeeming qualities or advantages.
>>
>>59804070
If fucking copying files is 'complicated' for you, it's not the OS you're using, you're just that fucking retarded.
>>
>>59804095

Its not. Copying files between two linux systems is extremely simple. Its one command. But copying files between two windows systems is extremely complicated.

You either have to:
1. Spend 15 minutes randomly shifting through the two redundant setting manages in modern windows, trying to configured work groups, shared folders, user permissions, network settings, and an array of various other settings to try and copy the file.
2. Transport the file through an email server by setting up email on both systems
3. Download and install third party software to transport the file through a web server.
4. Imprint the data to some form of physical media to physical transport the information by manipulating the physical medium storing the data with your extremities to manually move it to be connected to the other system.
>>
>>59804160
This has to be some form of advanced bait
>>
>>59804160
>Install a cloud service on both machines, regardless of OS
>Drag and drop (or use mv if you're autistic)
Now your lazy ass can transfer files between two machines like its the 80s instead of downloading a fresh copy from the cloud
vape is life
clouds
>>
>>59804211

So your simple solution to transferring a file between two windows computers is to run a web server 24/7 to host the file and developing software to upload and download the file to and from the web server?

In linux it can be done with one command.
>>
>>59804211
>Now your lazy ass can transfer files between two machines like its the 80s instead of transferring files between two machines
>>
>>59803149
You know, you *can* just install and use a graphical file manager if you don't feel like fucking around in the terminal for something. Nobody considers you to be less of a UNIX god if you decide to just drag and drop between windows in Thunar or Dolphin or whatever the fuck

also these days the only hardware with driver problems tends to be niche shit and Broadcom wireless chipsets, the former you're probably smart enough to roll your own driver for and fuck Broadcom for the latter
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.