[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right, /g/? Has Shuttleworth described the neckbeard problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170409_061513.jpg (204KB, 719x1113px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170409_061513.jpg
204KB, 719x1113px
Is he right, /g/? Has Shuttleworth described the neckbeard problem with the free software movement?
>>
File: IMG_20170409_061543.jpg (128KB, 720x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170409_061543.jpg
128KB, 720x842px
>>59802026
Continued.
Full thread : https://plus.google.com/+MarkShuttleworthCanonical/posts/7LYubpaHUHH
>>
>>59802026
Yeah. I could really give two shits what Ubuntu chooses to throw resources at. I never really understood the hate. It's like aspies were just waiting in the corners for something to bitch about. First it was Unity, then Amazon, Mir, etc. If you don't like Shuttleworth don't use his product. Simple as that. It all reminds me of those faggots that stand around chanting "Shame!" whenever someone they don't agree with, walks by. Get over it. Stop being hypocrites.
>>
What does mir do that a wayland compositor cant?
>>
Final howls of a bankrupt dog.

Thank God, Shuttleworth is capitalist dick sucking cancer.
>>
Who the hell hated Mir aside from Wayland shills?

I'm about sick of Wayland shilling desu. Its been the next big thing for the last decade.

Mir has a better chance of being successful.
>>
Ubuntu has no upstream contributions, it's worthless.

They can't make money off wayland? Fork it into Mir, do nothing with it, but a lot of marketing, doesn't work.

They can't make money off flatpak? Fork it into Snappy, do nothing with it, but a lot of marketing, doesn't work again.
>>
File: redhead.jpg (39KB, 461x704px) Image search: [Google]
redhead.jpg
39KB, 461x704px
>>59802026
I literally don't get it.

Wayland had been in planning for a long time and there were discussions that lots of different communities took part in, INCLUDING CANONICAL. Once Wayland started into development (after Canonical had given its input on how it should be developed) Canonical decided to announce that they had secretly been working on their own thing called Mir and that they would not be adopting or supporting Wayland.

These posts make it sound like Canonical is being unfairly targeted for being unpopular when really they were just facing backlash for being tremendous untrustworthy douchebags.
>>
>>59802195
Snappy is not a fork at all.
>>
Being surprised at internet tribalism is old hat.

We argue online in the same way, we assume trives, victim complexes, identities, and dogma for our side, then meme for relevance.

You shouldnt be surprised waifuwars, wars of preference, and etc are fought through bitter shitposting, you should be worried because people fighting over things that actually matter has vegun to resemble autists fighting over waifuwars.
>>
Both Wayland and Mir are trash, Linux is going to be stuck on X forever and the idea of a "year of the Linux desktop" is dead.
>>
The problem is that mir was never mainstream and made after wayland was already working
>>
>>59802159
>Who the hell hated Mir aside from Wayland shills?

Why would you ask a question like this when you've already decided everyone who didn't want Mir is a "shill"?

>I'm about sick of Wayland shilling desu. Its been the next big thing for the last decade.

Mir is only one year younger.

>Mir has a better chance of being successful.

It has no adoption outside Ubuntu/Unity and vendors have no interest in maintaining drivers for it. It was dead before it was announced and people "hate" it because it's useless NIH cruft no one asked for after Wayland was announced.
>>
>>59802159
>Mir has a better chance of being successful.
Literally nobody besides Canonical was behind Mir.
Both KDE, GNOME and basically everybody else who was relevant committed to Wayland.
All it was going to do was fracture the desktop community even further, even when Mir had no tangible benefits over Wayland.
>>
Funny, I thought everyone started hating Canonical when they killed the Debian developer community by hiring away a handful of them, leaving the rest to feel worthless and embittered.

Today, and for the past few years, Canonical has been trying to strong-arm ISPs and service providers into paying royalties to offer Ubuntu to customers, all while requiring that they not disclose this to the customer or pass on the cost to them either.

Fuck Mark Shuttleworth, lucky faggot who got rich selling some internet company to people who didn't understand how SSL certificates work.
>>
>>59802026
>>59802034
>when the boss has no fucking idea how normal people are using his OS
Fucking unity
>>
>>59802026
>Is he right
not sure, what i am sure is that he is a cuck
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.