[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is C# really that good of a language to write applications and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pYYBAFc89HaAX82PAAApB_XsoWM127.png (10KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
pYYBAFc89HaAX82PAAApB_XsoWM127.png
10KB, 256x256px
Is C# really that good of a language to write applications and websites with?
Are there any problems with using .NET, and why is there so much hate for Visual Studio?
>>
>>59801180
If you are prepared for writing Windows only apps, go for it.
>>
>>59801201
Is there not a way to make it crossplatform for desktop applications too or is that only for mobile?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn771552.aspx
>>
>>59801201
>>59801237
what is .NET CORE
>>
>>59801237
Looks like there is a framework for Linux

http://www.mono-project.com/

But is not from MS. I can't recall that there was every another way to deploy .NET apps on UNIX systems as you have to install the MS Framework on windows machines to run the apps.
>>
>>59801260
Sweet, looks like I learned something new today. It's already passed some time after I did something in C# so excuse me my ignorance. Looks like my post >>59801277 is unnecessary than.
>>
>>59801180
>Are there any problems with using .NET
You have to install it on the computer to run the program. For windows, this isn't an issue. For linux/OSX, this is an annoyance everybody already does with Java.

>why is there so much hate for Visual Studio
Because autists see a quality IDE as an affront to their "skills"
>>
>>59801180
Entity is fucking painful as hell - dont use it, unless you gonna master it. For simple web apps NET its breddy gud. Also for games and apps you can use mono game.

>>59801260
this, but later it would be pain in ass to fully tranfer app to loonix because anyway you gonna use dependencies which wont exist in other platforms.
>>
>>59801277
Mono is garbage. Slow, buggy, half-baked implementations, everywhere.

If you're on linux and want .net you're on the wrong OS.

>>59801180
>Free yourself of the crap webdev languages
>Store your databases in generic types
>Immune to sql injection
>Why would you use nginx or apache when you have to code in PHP things you can just do with strings in c#, faster, easier, and with less security problems.
>>
>>59801496
>>Free yourself of the crap webdev languages
>>Store your databases in generic types
>>Immune to sql injection
>>Why would you use nginx or apache when you have to code in PHP things you can just do with strings in c#, faster, easier, and with less security problems.
What did you mean by all of this?
>>
Visual Studio is hated because it's fucking massive to install and comes bundled with 40 dependencies that clutter up your Installed Programs list.
JetBrains is finally gotten into the proper .NET game with Rider and it's really nice so, albeit in beta phase.

C# / .NET has all of the good parts of Java plus all of the features you wish Java had.
It's ready for desktop or web, which makes having a consistent stack super easy.
.NET Core is opening up the door to crossplatform development for everything, but it's too immature at the moment.
>>
>>59801180
All of the things you mention are great

People over here hate Visual Studio because they can't have it on their linux systems, it doesn't work through wine
>>
>>59801180
well ya. windows and shit for one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.