[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

freedesktop accepted the SJW tranny CoC up their ass https:/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: 1486369782182.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486369782182.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
freedesktop accepted the SJW tranny CoC up their ass
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/
Someone gets offended -> maintainers are required to delete the offending material and temporarily ban the "offender"
>>
>>59796915
>>>/pol/
>>
>>59796581
What do you think would happen if this censorship was applied to Linus Torvalds?
>>
File: 164489.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
164489.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>59796581
This is now Ikeyposting thread.
All hail our glorious Solus creator.
>>
>>59796581
Let's just shit on everyone who wants to make the world a better place.
>>
File: 1478723064429.jpg (72KB, 511x351px) Image search: [Google]
1478723064429.jpg
72KB, 511x351px
>>59798145
This
Linus has some amazing insults to some of his internal kernel team
Imagine if the Linux Foundation one day voted to somehow kick Linus out or ban him from working on Linux kernel because "he was a meanie and hurt my feefee"
(I know this isn't possible but this is just hypothetical)
CoC are fucking retarded and made to make the project exclusive to only SJWs and keep anyone with a different opinion from working on the project
Sad to see more and more FOSS projects fall to the SJW non-sense
>>
>>59798142
>>/oven/
>>
Which country has anti-sjw acceptence?
I want to immigra there and raise human civilization.
>>
>>59798365
South East US
>>
>>59798365
American Northwest
northwestfront.org
>>
>>59796581
I read the Code of Conduct. All it says is "Don't act like a channer" to me. Which is fine, because it isn't a fucking chan. Fuck off back to /pol/ now little shitposter.
>>
>>59799378
Hate speech is subjective lad.
Censoring ANY speech is a threat to liberty.
>>
>>59798142
Implying /pol/ are the only ones hating SJWs.
>>
>>59799327
>American Northwest
Are you stupid? I grew up in the Pacific northwest and it is a liberal paradise.
>>
>>59798300
LMAO I remember drama from that Intel USB maintainer who then went and quit
>>
>>59799378
You probably didn't read it properly because it states that projects under it have to take action if anyone in the project claims that they feel "uncomfortable" with what another person is saying even when they're doing it far outside of the context of the project.

If you think this is all hyperbole, you should know that people have already been kicked out of projects that have adopted this crap for talking about things gender and democracy on their own personal blogs.

This whole thing is essentially 1984-esque thought police crap disguised as common decency. If people can get stuff like that past you or you actually support this, then you probably should look into these things more closely or refrain from making judgments on things like this.
>>
>>59798145
Doesn't the Linux project have a CoC?
>>
>>59800866
Stay off the coast.
>>
So? What's wrong with this?

Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:

Using welcoming and inclusive language
Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
Focusing on what is best for the community
Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:

The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
Public or private harassment
Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
>>
>>59801362
No.
See this -> >>59801191
>>
>>59801362
this
we need inclusion. fuck white people
>>
>>59801362
>If you said something I don't like on Twitter, unrelated to a project you have contributed to, your contributions to that project must be removed entirely
It's literal censorship and thought policing.
It's not just "Don't say a mean thing!" it's "If I think you said a mean thing ANYWHERE EVER AT ALL we can forcibly remove your contributions"
>>
>>59801407
This desu
https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmPw7z6iUiyJAbyVhNwRDEhKuB8RNkhGJSKHxJM45xwHYr/%5Bcut%5DLightning%20Talks%20Day%202%20%5B33c3%5D-G81hQOpdV2Y.webm
>>
File: 71041064.jpg (105KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
71041064.jpg
105KB, 507x338px
> Be brownie
> Any job I want
> 400k starting
> No reviews of my work because it would be racist
Holy shit I love not being white
>>
>>59799327
White nationalist are the other side of the same coin. They're mirror images of SJWs. You're really looking at libertarians and (some) anarchists if you want people diametrically oppressed to SJWs.
>>
>>59801471
I forgot blatant racism at 5:03
>>
>>59800866
Only in the big cities.
Even then Portland has a really intense white nationalist background.
>>59801517
Fuck off libertarianism can only work if there are only white people.
>>
>>59798142
I'm a real left winger cause I've been down south and I still hate SJW. It's not just /pol/ anymore.
>>
File: get rekt.png (76KB, 1040x532px) Image search: [Google]
get rekt.png
76KB, 1040x532px
>>59796581
>>
>>59798300
>/female
I quit. Also, /pol/.
>>
Where are the links to the juicy bits? The debate threads? Etc?
>>
>>59801431
>remove a significant portion of the kernel
>kill linux
>Stallman doesn't do shit because GNU w/ Linux
>Microsoft is already SJW, and Microsoft would win even more
>Google & Microsoft own the market, and everyone either joins the SJW botnet willingly or will be forcibly assimilated and resistance will be futile because your RFID implant tag won't be open source, let alone libre.
>>
>>59796581
What are you gonna do when 4chan gets bought by someone who doxxes all of you to the SJWs?
>>
>>59804072
Fork libre-net.
>>
>>59799469
The project's primary objective isn't to maximize all forms of liberty. If certain forms of speech threatens productivity, they are well within their rights to restrict it. You're free to leave and make that speech elsewhere if you don't like it.

>>59801191
>This whole thing is essentially 1984-esque thought police crap disguised as common decency.
Except unlike 1984, you're free to leave and start your own project if you don't like their policies. You're no different than the people on Tumblr who say Hollywood is oppressive for not making enough women about non-binary people of color. Besides, you're not under constant surveillance, so it's not "thought police". You're free to think whatever you want and they can do nothing about it. What they are doing is imposing restrictions on what actions you may engage as a member if you don't want to get kicked out of the project. No different than in any other professional environment.

>>59801605
>True libertarianism has never been tried!
top kek
>>
>>59801362
Seems at first sight like a good concept however:

- There is no rule superseding being applied here, is "being respectful ..." more or less important then "focusing what is best for the community"

- "accepting constructive criticsm" what if I disagree?

- "Trolling" too vague of a term, the meaning can also change over time and could be expanded to literally any behaviour.

- "harassment" again way to broad of a term, people to disagree on when it's even applicable

But the last clause is complete lunacy: "Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting" which translates too, we do whatever the fuck we want, anything can be seen as offensive and unprofessional to someone. With this clause you can do whatever the fuck you want it MUST be removed to have a decent CoC.

Furthermore we also have the issue between separation of power, the same people that decided what communise the CoC are the same people that interpret it and give out judgement.

There is also no possibility to appeal.
>>
>>59804126
>"you're free to go someplace else!"
>proceeds to shut down every alternative venue systematically one by one
Why do totalitarians do this?
>>
>>59796581
This is much better than Geek Feminism's Code of Conduct template which explicitly excuses and exempts acts of racial discrimination against whites and sex discrimination against males.

https://geekfeminism.org/about/code-of-conduct/

>The Geek Feminism Anti-Abuse Team will not act on complaints regarding:

>‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’ (because these things don’t exist)
>>
>>59804170
There's basically no warning either.
>>
>>59804200
They're right though. They don't exist. They're simply "racism" and "sexism".
>>
>>59804214
>reasonably
They are however the issue is they don't look into racism, sexism against whites.
>>
>>59804187
bc they believe freedom means being forced to do what they already wanted to do anyway, also lack of real principles
>>
>>59804187
>you're free to go someplace else!
It's a logical fallacy. They change the rules to their fitting but then pretend like the new rules are set in stone and you should leave if you don't like them. The person in question is stating that they do not agree with the new rules and would like them te be reviewed just like th person who asked for the rules to be changed in the first place did. Telling him to leave is trying to enact a dictatorship.
>>
>>59800866
>>59801605

In my experience (Lived in Oregon for over a decade now) the liberality drops off considerably once you're outside the major cities. Tigard/Beaverton is not the same place as downtown Portland. Folks live up in Washington - same thing, but with Seattle as the major city. Not surprising when you think about it.
>>
>>59804242
>the issue is they don't look into
and giving it a different, retarded name doesn't change that at all, 'cause now they don't look into "reverse racism"
>>
>>59804214
But they don't recognize discrimination against whites and males as racism or sexism at all.
>>
>>59804187
Literally nothing is stopping you from creating your own ideologically pure group where anyone not sufficiently "redpilled" is refused membership.

>>59804200
>>59804214
Also, I'm not aware of any real instances of cisphobia. Anti-white racism, sure, but cisphobia? Not really.
>>
>>59801517
>muh political horseshoe
>>
>>59804443
Why do people like you assume normal people like me are after ideologically pure groups? Isn't that what you're after by installing childish arbitrary rules which hinders healthy adult discourse?
>>
>>59804481
Okay then, you're perfectly free to create a group that allows people regardless of beliefs, with a constitution that forbids people from being thrown out for their political views. Whatever you want, really. The point is that you're not "oppressed" just because the groups that already exist aren't accepting of your views. Demanding that they be accepting is a violation of their freedoms, but your own freedom isn't being violated as long as you can still start your own group.
>>
>>59804557
Take some damn responsibility, totalitarian.
>>
>>59804583
Responsibility for what? For what people who I don't even know decide to do?

And lol at calling me a totalitarian when you're the one that thinks people should be forced to admit anyone into their group.
>>
>>59804771
>you're preventing my freedom to oppress you anon
>lol responsibility
>>
>>59804815
>you're preventing my freedom to oppress you anon
Now you're getting it. We should arrest business owners who refuse to sell cakes to homosexuals or have a board of directors that isn't at least 1/3 female since they're engaging in oppressive behavior.
>>
>>59801512
Fuck off pajeet/jamal/whoever you are
>>
>>59799327
>not northwest secessionist front
>>
>>59798250
>shitty code of conduct
>making the world a better place
Choose one and only one.
>>
>>59796581
The existence of these policies *only* benefits dumb teenagers like you who don't know better than to call people niggers/privileged/degenerates/SJWs/shitlords on semi-professional mailing lists. Pre-2010 most communities would straight up permaban anyone being an unapologetic idiot, no need for a formal "code of conduct". Don't bite the hand that's feeding you here.
>>
Proprietary commercial software doesn't have this problem. Bottom line being the number one concern culls all this nonsense.
>>
>>59805415
But doing anything forbidden by that list would get you a stern warning if not a writeup at a real job. Free software only needs this because of teenagers and foreigners who claim they don't know how to behave.
>>
>>59796581
there is nothing wrong with this
>>
>>59805451
The problem is that even if you are completely professional at work setting, there are people who hunt you down for wrong opinions you've expressed somewhere else. Things like giving money to wrong charity, talking about things your "race" isn't allowed to talk etc. I'm all for being professional at work.
Closed environment shields developers from this bullshit, they are now allowed to have their own opinions, their name is no longer tagged everywhere. Money being the main motivator means that the people at management (hopefully )don't go overboard because there is some fanatic movement demanding a scalp of one of your developers.
>>
>>59805493
You keep telling yourself that. When it comes back around to bite you in the arse don't come complaining to us.
>>
>>59798365
Islamic republic of Iran
>>
>>59796581
>https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/

You know SJWs are the most guilty of breaking the CoC terms, just impliment the CoC and enforce them, all SJWs would get themselves kicked out of anywhere that accepts their CoC.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.