[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared as fuck /g/ I've never owned a laptop and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (37KB, 700x534px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
37KB, 700x534px
I'm scared as fuck /g/

I've never owned a laptop and I'm asking you guys for advice.

I'm going to leave my country and I'm not able to bring my desktop pc to where I'm going.. Are thinkpads memes? What can you guys recommend me ?

I have a 500 dollar budget and I can take the ssd from my pc to put it in the laptop I guess.
>>
My advice is do not buy a laptop. Just buy a desktop when you get to your new country
>>
>>59793026
Why are you scared?
Thinkpads are a bit overhyped here but used ones are cheap and good for the money. Depending on your mobility needs you could get a x220 or x230 + dock, external display and kb/mouse for home use and a very portable laptop on the go or you can get a w520/t420 and have a nice, big screen.
>>
>>59793046
This.
Take your current drive if you need the data.
Laptops are for people that need to do things in different places often and can do so with sub-par performance.

But yes. Thinkpads are a meme, a good one. Get one if you must, or any other secondhand laptop that takes your fancy. Really you're not asking about hardware so anything that's somewhat modern will do.

>I'm scared as fuck
If you're fleeing a country you should consider taking up arms and not being a pussy pushing all your problems onto the rest of us. We're not going to solve them for you [spoiler]willingly[/spoiler]
>>
>>59793085
It's a working visa, I'm from Romania. I'm going to buy a cheap laptop for the first 4-5 months then.
>>
>>59793124

can't you just suck a few penises before you leave and make enough to buy a gaming laptop.

500 ain't gonna get you jack
>>
>>59793148
I don't need a gaming laptop.

I can play my games well enough on low or medium. EU4 is more cpu dependent I think.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.