[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey does grub boot loader install on the BIOS? I formatted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1491527806347.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1491527806347.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
hey does grub boot loader install on the BIOS?

I formatted my HDD to NTFS and when I try to boot it goes into grub rescue mode?
>>
>>59791784
stage1 installed to mbr
use a windows recovery disc
>>
>>59791792
>mbr
i've formatted this disk so many times but there's still shit on there
>>
>>59791845
How did you format it? Witch Windows? Linux? PonyOS?
What tools did you use?
Gparted? Gnome Disks? DD if=/dev/urandom? Windows Partition editor?
>>
>>59791944
during the windows installation

it boots, but the first thing it boots to is grub rescue
>>
>>59791959
Try Using a Linux Flash Drive and writing the whole Partiton Table new, or look into you BIOS if you find a place where you can change which UEFI OS it Boots to. My Motherboard kept the Windows Entry even though i Reformatted both of my Disks once.
>>
File: 011812211608_KPT.jpg (87KB, 663x512px) Image search: [Google]
011812211608_KPT.jpg
87KB, 663x512px
it's like this, but if i change the boot order it'll boot into windows first go

weird.
>>
>>59791784

Did you format your entire HDD to NTFS? GRUB generally doesn't play nice if you don't have any FAT32 devs (at least from my experience anyway)
>>
>>59791845
You formatted the partition, not the entire disk.
>>
File: que.png (9KB, 733x142px) Image search: [Google]
que.png
9KB, 733x142px
>>59792002
QUE?
>>
>>59792022
You must have formatted individual partitions instead of formatting the entire disc and repartitioning. Not sure what you're pointing out in the pic.
>>
>>59792090
>Not sure what you're pointing out in the pic
read the text.
>>
>>59791987
You have another disk, and that disk has the boot partition.
You need to change the disk order in the BIOS.
The BIOS may forget the order once a while.
>>
>>59791784
fucking use auto super grub for fucks sake
captcha: calle close
>>
Tfw plebs still use grub despite uefi
>>
>>59791985
You can remove the old boot entry using efibootmgr.
>>
>>59792830
you are a pleb for not knowing what you saying

also lol at OP for being a faggot. Just insert Windows USB, make it a first boot, install windows (that's what you're trying to do) and your problem will go away. lmao dumb frog poster.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.