[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /g/ take on Ubuntu and Firefox OS's for mobile?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: firefox-ubuntu-footer1.jpg (110KB, 550x380px) Image search: [Google]
firefox-ubuntu-footer1.jpg
110KB, 550x380px
What's /g/ take on Ubuntu and Firefox OS's for mobile? Are they botnets?

Or are they a good way to remove the botnet from your phone without making it unusable?
>>
>>59790954
they're dead
>>
>>59790960
Dead as in Windows Phone or dead as in dead?
>>
>>59790954
Well Ubuntu is botnet. So installing that on your phone wouldn't be any better than stock Android. Custom Android is best.
>>
>>59790976
>>59790960
Firefox OS is dead

Ubuntu Touch OS is dead officialy but now the community has picked it up

>>59791060

Used to
>>
>>59791125
What improvements has the community done to it? Or changes in general?
>>
>>59791556
Nothing yet, It only officially died less than week ago.
It's still warm.
>>
>>59790954
both are dead.
>>
>>59790954
Both are trash. Sailfish OS was the only alternative mobile OS that was fun to use but it had no apps, the official hardware was super outdated and overpriced, and there were a lot of proprietary components. Development has basically ground to a halt as well. Windows mobile is botnet and iOS is gay and locked down. Then there's Android that's full of bloat and you have to flash Lineage OS if you want regular updates.

There are no good mobile operating systems.
>>
>>59791644
What about Symbian and BB OS?
>>
>>59791686
Both are kill. Nokia and BB make Android phones now.
>>
>>59791742
Doesn't Nokia make budget phones with Symbian on them still?

And fuck, didn't they just release that 3300 copycat phone with some flash based OS?
>>
>>59790954
They're dead. Move on to sailfish OS. It's much faster than these 2 anyway, and can run android apps.

>>59791644
An anon said here that sailfish is still happening and that Sony was gonna release a sailfish phone in a few months. Was I lied to? I really hoped I'd move from android to sailfish soon.
>>
Is there an alternative that doesn't run everything on Java? It looks like most alternatives are either dead or based on Android.
>>
>>59792428
SailfishOS
>>
Ubuntu's mobile OS seemed neat, tried it on my Nexus 7 years ago and it didn't go too well but I'd imagine things have improved since then. As for Firefox OS, it's basically Mozilla's cellphone version of Chrome OS, and while interesting I'd never bother with it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.