[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone give me an honest opinion from those pursuing a CS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Fall_semester.png (29KB, 1007x433px) Image search: [Google]
Fall_semester.png
29KB, 1007x433px
Can anyone give me an honest opinion from those pursuing a CS major in Uni? I am registering for courses and am torn between CS, Actuarial Math, and Financial Math.

Is CS really a joke?
>>
>>59789565
>Is CS really a joke?
Yes.

And through all the autism you will have to endure prepare to not have a job once you graduate. They're all going straight to pajeet.
>>
>>59789565
But which one of them do you think/do the best though?

Also, you can just study CS and then get a MSc in Financial Engineering or Computational Finance if you like finance that much.
>>
>>59789712
Well I like working with computers for sure, but I think I might enjoy something closer to a purer mathematical approach.

I'm scheduling my courses so that I can take some of each in my first year courses to get a feel for each of them.
>>
>>59789755
>but I think I might enjoy something closer to a purer mathematical approach.
Actuarial Math won't use pure math shit though, Financial math probably but you need that PhD for that.

CS is practically pure math y'know, just git gud with number theory, combinatorics and discrete math and you're pretty much at the top 10% of CS grads that don't know shit about math senpai.

Also, if you still got interest and were good on those courses, there is a really high chance you can do a PhD in CS easily.

>I'm scheduling my courses so that I can take some of each in my first year courses to get a feel for each of them.
Alright but don't get wore out too easily, don't be like those people that get into those +12 credits/semester and end up having a shit GPA that won't gett fixed for the rest of his college years.
>>
>>59789815
Gotcha anon. I'll see which I like more within the first year I think.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.