[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck are there so many Linux distros? Are they just making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1491544936224.jpg (37KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
1491544936224.jpg
37KB, 620x388px
Why the fuck are there so many Linux distros? Are they just making as many as possible in hope that one sticks and is as good as Windows or OS X?
>>
If you rule out the autistic no name distros like Arch and Gentoo and all of their derivatives, then there aren't that many Linux distros.
>>
File: 1490594285794.gif (140KB, 243x202px) Image search: [Google]
1490594285794.gif
140KB, 243x202px
>>59788008

Good question, why does Windows keep coming out with new versions again and again but they are all security hole ridden govt spying programs?
>>
>>59788100
You already answered your question you retard
>>
>>59788008
Because we like diversity? GNU/Linux is the LGBTQI alphabet soup of the computer world, there's a ton of different options for different folks.
>>
>>59788008
Every time some aspie has an issue with a current distro he decides to make a new one because he thinks other people give a shit.
>>
>>59789644
What is the I in LGBTQI?
>>
>>59788008
There's only a few distros worth caring about.
The first three in the list use Debian package manager out of the box (which I personally like)
>*Ubuntu
Ubuntu and its various children (typically prefixed with a single letter ex. Lubuntu or Xubuntu) are really meant to be (Relatively) user friendly. They have GUI installers and a lot of hardware support due to the addition of a shitload of FOSS drivers.
>Mint
Ubuntu for people who diss Ubuntu.
>Debian
The base of both Ubuntu and Mint, and is one of the best modern flavors of Linux. It offers more user-customizability at the cost of user-friendliness.
>Fedora
For people who do not like the Debian package manager.
>Slackware/Porteus
Same deal.
>Kali
Mostly for being a "1337 hack0r LOL" (and other assorted stupidiyy) but really just being a script kiddie.
>Arch/Gentoo
Offer an EXTREMELY high amount of user customization, and is generally regarded as a "Challenge OS" or "Timesink OS" due to its lack of hand holding an end user through the installation via a GUI or whatnot.
>>
>>59790287
Intersex.
>>
>>59790355
Explain this nonsense right now.
>>
>>59790361
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex
>>
>>59790339
I miss crunchbang. :^(
>>
File: 40gnus.png (113KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40gnus.png
113KB, 292x257px
>>59790339
>wasting that much time replying to a troll thread

wew
>>
>>59790361

Kinda like how autists have an extra chromosome where it doesnt belong, intersex people have an extra 3rd sex cromosome. lik xxy or xyx etc. Essentially genetic trannies.
>>
>>59790339
>worth caring about
>>*Ubuntu
>>
>>59790381
That's just one type of intersex. Intersex just refers to people with physical traits of both sexes. There are ways it can happen without having a 3rd sex chromosome. iirc the SRY gene can somehow become a part of the x chromosome, resulting in a male with two x chromosomes.
>>
>>59790381
>>59790433
So like if a guy had wide hips and no adam's apple

or

A woman with no breasts, an adam's apple, and a big clit?
>>
>>59790457
For the first one, not quite. Hips aren't a sexual organ, he'd just be a male with wide hips. I'm not sure if lacking an Adam's apple is enough to be intersex, but some hormone deficiency or whatever that caused it, might cause other symptoms that are intersex. Having no breasts and an Adam's apple probably is enough to be intersex though. I'm not a doctor or anything though, so whatever.
>>
>>59788008
>open source project
Fuck off goyim
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.