[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to make a fast, scalable application with modern designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (70KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
70KB, 600x480px
>want to make a fast, scalable application with modern designs and high developer productivity
>don't know whether to use Scala/Java or Rust
Help
>>
>>59777779
If you aren't writing a driver, don't use Rust.
>>
Memes aside, you really shouldn't use Rust unless you want to make use of Rust's features.

Rust is a language made for memory safety, and therefore you will be dealing with a pretty different syntax style. If you want "high developer productivity", Rust will absolutely get in the way of that unless your team is already well versed in Rust. (spoiler: they won't because Rust is a meme)
>>
Java is not fast
>>
>>59777779
Scala is pretty comfy.
>>
>>59777779
REACT NATIVE
>>
Scala should be fine, OP. The JVM is fast enough for 9/10 use cases anyways. Fuck everyone else that says JVM is slow. Even if it was, it would be a fantastic "first step" towards building your application. When, and only whenthe JVM no longer suits your needs, should you consider using something else.

The thing with Rust is that it's a great language... for extremely performance and safety-critical applications. It is not a particularly "high-productivity" language. I don't think you're doing this sort of work, so don't worry about it.
>>
>>59777779
Use C# it will make you orgasm.
>>
File: 1388902973506.jpg (124KB, 700x453px) Image search: [Google]
1388902973506.jpg
124KB, 700x453px
>>59777779
I'm pretty sure Rust is a low-level language that just doesn't allow you to fuck up in the way C allowed you to

Also, my condolences for your loss. (((((2)))) way from sexts
>>
>>59777779
> scalable
> developer productivity
> rust

Try again
>>
i'm kinda biased to say this, but scala is really good. it's extremely robust, allows you to build good reactive systems and it's really productivy because of its script-like syntax. the problem is that it has a hard learning curve. i read somewhere that, comparade to hadoop+java, scala+spark reduced the number off code lines in 5-10x
>>
>>59777779

install Agile
>>
>>59777996
Slow driver.
>>
you sound like an Enterprise cuck. use functional programming
>>
>>59777779
>fast
>java
>rust

I want to live forever. Should I jump into an active volcano or slit my wrists?
>>
>>59777779
Want to start it fast?
That rules out Java/Scala.
>inb4 Scala native
They don't even have a working standard library yet.
Also >>59778129
>>
Use C you faggot
>>
>>59777779
this is Go's niche
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.