[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Linux Torvalds uses GNOME 3 Face it, the command line i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: vlcsnap-2014-08-01-22h51m33s10.png (998KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-08-01-22h51m33s10.png
998KB, 1920x1080px
>Linux Torvalds uses GNOME 3

Face it, the command line is the same no matter what DE you use and that's all you need if you're a power user.

There is literally no reason to not use GNOME unless you want a fisher price DE with a bunch of menus and buttons because you're too stupid to use a terminal.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-reveals-his-favorite-programming-laptop/
>>
File: kdedolphin.jpg (89KB, 998x608px) Image search: [Google]
kdedolphin.jpg
89KB, 998x608px
>>59776276
Look at how fucking smug he looks

Also, look at how bad alternative desktop environments look.
>>
File: fisherprice.png (63KB, 615x470px) Image search: [Google]
fisherprice.png
63KB, 615x470px
>windows "design"

Who the hell thought this was a good idea? And they have big tiles now that are designed for tablets.
>>
>>59776276
>Face it, the command line is the same no matter what DE you use and that's all you need if you're a power user.
Exactly, so why not use XFCE? It gets out of your way and is more reasonable than gnome
>>
This is what real men with penis use.

>>59776310
because gnome actually stays out of your way even more than XFCE (or any other desktop).

GNOME is designed in a way that allows you to dynamically allocate work-spaces to different tasks, and has a shell designed to make navigation between open windows on a single desktop quicker and more intuitive.
>>
>>59776331
Is that text editor Vim? If not, what is it? If yes, what plugin did you use to get that resizable side bar bar with the class info?
>>
File: dolphin.png (52KB, 778x553px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.png
52KB, 778x553px
>>59776288
That's not how the default plasma 5 or dolphin looks tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm0sqqVcotA
>>
>>59776553
>enable mouse to resize splits
>plugin is tagbar
>>
>>59776276
Power users use window managers, not de.
>>
Test
>>
>>59776331
Why would you set that background color to piss yellow?
>>
>>59776331
are you saying i no have penis!? HOW DARE YOU
>>
>>59776276
>Linux Torvalds uses GNOME 3
That's what I would expect from someone who was quoted having said that Debian was too difficult to install.
>>
>>59776276
>There is literally no reason to not use GNOME
Unlike most freetards, I value productivity.
>>
>>59777023
he said debian takes too long to install (which is absolutely right), he uses Fedora
>>
>>59776276
Why wouldn't you just use openbox then?

>inb4 muh tiling weeb wm
babby steps
>>
File: lmao what a hack.png (210KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
lmao what a hack.png
210KB, 1024x600px
Richard Stallman uses gnome, too. I suppose he doesn't actually use it for much besides presentations, though...

I use it as well. I'm used to it so it doesn't get in my way like a new DE or WM would. It looks decent out of the box (on my distro, anyway). Many of the default applications are ok, some other gnome applications as well.
>>
>>59778063
Why do people even care about install time, especially for Debian? I've been running the same sid install for the last ~5 years. It's not like Ubuntu, where every dist-upgrade fucks up something and you end up reinstalling every 6 months...
>>
>>59776276
He also owns a Macbook Air, doesn't he also use Fedora? You can't make this shit up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.