[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

"If I were running Apple, I would milk the Macintosh for all it's worth — and get busy on the next great thing. The PC wars are over. Done. Microsoft won a long time ago."

- Steve Jobs, 1996, Fortune Magazine
>>
>>59774585
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>59774585

Steve Jobs literally did not contributed anything to Apple since it's inception.
>>
>>59774585
He was right.
Mac still isn't winning against PCs but he managed to milk a certain group for all they are worth.

Instead he managed to capture the largest share of income from the smartphone market.

He did what he said he would. Kinda funny really.
>>
>>59775748
Really about half.
>>
>>59774585
Delete this fake news.
>>
>>59775836
And the other half is divided eighteen ways to sunday.

Ergo, he captured the largest share.
>>
>>59774585
And now Apple milks everything for all its worth. Cost 100$ to make that phone? Sell it for 600$. Cost 600$ to make that desktop? Sell it for 1500$.

The second worst part is people buy it.

The worst part is Apple pays less than 1% on taxes.
>>
>>59774585
"Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8841347/Steve-Jobs-regretted-trying-to-beat-cancer-with-alternative-medicine-for-so-long.html
>>
>>59774585
>Twenty one year old quote
>Relevant

Kinda sad the cunt died desu, I used to laugh at Macfags for wasting money to make their products look better but perform on par, nowadays I just want this wild ride to end.

When will investors learn Apple staying profitable isn't good by Apple's standards? If Steve was still alive you can bet the company would pretty much rule the world by now.
>>
>>59775896

>Cost 100$ to make that phone? Sell it for 600$.

Are you 14? You know other manufacturers have higher markups than Apple right?

Lenovo will sell you a plastic TwinkPad, a bunch of parts bolted together and with Windows slapped on it, with medium high specs for a low cost of $1,200. They don't even maintain their own operating system. They don't even have an ecosystem of products which they have to make sure run seamlessly together. They don't have to collaborate with banks to facilitate their own payment system. They don't have to make deals with car companies to make sure your device works well with your vehicle.

Yet they charge the same as Apple. For a bill of materials with zero additional services or future maintenance. Non-Apple laptops are overpriced as fuck but you're too retarded to see it.
>>
Why hasnt microsoft made a linux base os like sierra, tht would literally kill apple
>>
>>59775958

Yeah all those existing 2 decade old established widely used programs and utilities don't matter lol.
>>
>>59775980
What are those apple specific widely used programs?
Itunes? Don't make me laugh...
>>
>>59776092

The guy I replied to was talking about Microsoft. I am talking about Microsoft also. Are you fucking retarded or something?
>>
>>59776169
Maybe I am.
What's it to ya?
>>
File: 1491449568756.gif (2MB, 350x310px) Image search: [Google]
1491449568756.gif
2MB, 350x310px
>>59774946
>What did he mean by this?

iPhone
iPad
iPod, even

normies want simple, portable computers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.