[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i'm a computer science student and i want a cool distro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Tux.png (12KB, 265x314px) Image search: [Google]
Tux.png
12KB, 265x314px
So i'm a computer science student and i want a cool distro to use that isn't a lot of hassle to use and looks good. Any recommendation? Love you all.
>>
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>59768074
ApricityOS
>>
>>59768082
Well Meme'd
>>
>>59768074
Peppermint OS 7
>>
>>59768074
LFS

You'll look very good.
>>
>>59768107
Thanks
>>59768143
Thanks
>>59768178
Nah thanks
>>
>>59768074
>>>/fglt/
Mint cinnamon or some *buntu
>>
Distrowatch.com
>>
>>59768107
this
>>
ElementaryOS is a good babby's first Linux
>>
>>59768445

correct answer - mint cinnamon is the top of distrowatch for a reason

>>59768495
thank you

>>59768601
what the fuck is aptricity meme - never heard of it
>>
It doesn't matter. I'll still have no sound after installation.
>>
>>59768712
>what the fuck is aptricity meme - never heard of it
It’s a user-friendly Arch with graphical installer and package manager. Also looks great right from the start.
I’ve been using it for over a year now and absolutely love it.

pic-related is how it currently looks on my computer with some customization.
>>
Mint Cinnamon
>>
>>59768074
use whatever distro your uni use.
>>
Debian or Ubuntu LTS
>>
File: tumblr_mvhnllOqVP1qzqwamo1_500.jpg (36KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvhnllOqVP1qzqwamo1_500.jpg
36KB, 500x362px
>>59768790
>user friendly
>GUI installer/package manager
>actually enjoying using arch

fucking neo /g/, go back to plebbit

OP, get solus, its the hottest meme these days ever since manjaro kept fucking up for all the other freetards on the board
>>
Try out Qubes. You can run Windows (and potentially osx) software and it uses yum as a package manager
>>
>>59768074
Any of the main ones. Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, or Arch/Gentoo if you're capable. Everything else is just based off of these and much buggier.

The GNOME 3 desktop is stable as hell and just werks
>>
>>59768907
>debian
>community not ran by SJWs an old fucking packages

pick one
>>
>>59768927
Fedora is pretty good then

Arch too, if you're capable of following instructions so you don't end up with a broken install, and checking archlinux.org daily before upgrading to make sure there's no update that requires direct intervention to avoid system breakage
>>
>>59768074
My personal recommendation would be KDE neon user edition, use the LTS version that only uses LTS versions of plasma (5.8 right now) if you need as much stability as possible. It's basically a tweaked version of kubuntu with added repositories to keep the kde components updated, the rest is just ubuntu LTS (16.04 right now).
>>
>>59768074
If you are new to GNU/Linux: Fedora or Ubuntu.
If you already have some experience: Debian.
If you feel like a hacker: Arch.
If you a lot of free time: Gentoo.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.