[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got persuaded to take CS because I wanted to learn programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 8e8.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8KB, 509x619px
>got persuaded to take CS because I wanted to learn programming
>turns out it's a math degree all but in name

Don't fall for the CS meme like I did
>>
>>59759871
I only had to take 3 math classes and was done with them after freshman year.
>>
>>59759871
>Want to take CS
>Worried it will be a load of dumb shit thrown together to appease favs who want to make vidyo gaymes
I want Maths!!
>>
So what? Math is dope, you will learn programming anyway, but learning mathematics by the way just adds another skill to your capabilities. I say - enjoy math.
>>
>>59759871
You should be happy. Your cs degree isn't worthless. Any schmuck can learn how to program and make stupid Vidya games. You're learning the fundamental concepts behind programming that make you much more valuable everywhere. Or you're a piece of shit who won't learn and suck at life.
>>
>>59760002
>be in android app class
>final project for android app class
>90% of the projects are gayms
You can't make this up
>>
>>59760028
>>59760059

I've failed Calc 2 twice, don't know if I can handle it any more.
>>
>>59760139
So, what are these games? Are they even interesting or clones of clones of games that were already made many times before like Angry Birds, Flappy Bird etc. ?
>>
>>59760154
Don't give up, if you fight until the end and win, then you'll know that feel of greatness when you'll finally understand and then you'll see how cool this really is.
>>
>>59760181
Thanks, but I'm destined to be a brainlet at this point, it isn't sinking in at all.
>>
>>59759871
it's not math, science or even computer.
>>
>>59760206
Abstractive thinking is something you develop, doesn't have to come out of the box. It takes a lot of patience, but it's a good feeling once it starts to work.
>>
>>59760206
Hire a tutor for a couple hours a week, have your questions (and problems that exemplify them) ready for them. Even if you have them walk you through a very basic problem, then medium one, then an advanced one, it will do wonders for you. You will be able to pass like this. Record the audio with your phone. ASK QUESTIONS.

Try to find a math major who loves this shit and be nice to them, calc is gay as hell and we never need to use it. Try to get one for $20 an hour or less.

Then don't forget to ASK QUESTIONS about the Holocaust too. You should choose a tutor who also specializes in this area to save time.
>>
>>59760154
Hahahhahahahhahahhahahahah

Fucking brainlets

When will they learn?
>>
>>59760139
Games are pretty fucking complex. Theres literally nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>59760164
Most likely tetris but gayer.
>>
>hits algorithms
>sleeping through precalc wasn't enough

Yeah no you're just retarded.
>>
>>59759871
>tfw turns out I actually like math more than programming anyway
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.