[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going for a help desk job interview. What should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1489886568670.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489886568670.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
Going for a help desk job interview.

What should I expect?

I can't even think of examples of my problem solving skills.

I'm introverted like all programmers. I find it difficult to talk to people but i need a job badly.

How fucked am I?
>>
>>59756197
Very
>>
>>59756197
>help desk for normies
>antisocial
??!?
>>
Make sure you wear your programmers socks and get an enema beforehand. The interviewer may want to sample you boipussy.
>>
>>59756774
good idea
>>
Anon if you're introverted and don't like to talk to people you chose the wrong fucking job.

99% of your time will be spent talking to people at help desk. 99% of your time will be presenting yourself nicely as you deal with retards, learning how to use social cues and detection to problem solve.

It's not like it will be hard, but when you're socially inept it's incredibly hard.
>>
>>59756755
This, are you fucking retarded OP?
>>
>dislike people
>work in customer support

why
>>
>>59757156
>>59757186

I just need a job to get experience for a programming job.
>>
>>59757215
Or should I jump right into a programming job?
>>
>>59757271
Take whatever you can get but don't stop looking when you get one. You should continually be applying to positions, even the ones you don't think you're qualified for.
>>
>>59757215
Sure, that's not the place I'd start.
>>
>>59757356
where then? what was your first career job.
>>
>>59757215
INTERNSHIP
>>
>>59757271
Yes, for the love of god
>>
>>59757377
I started with on site tech but I'm also able to hold conversations. 80% of my work was installing browsers while chatting about college basketball with old people. I don't watch, but God damn do oldies like if you parrot stuff back to them.

Anyways, I knew someone who had a hard time speaking with people and he went with a QA job. You could easily handle the help desk, just be warned that you will be speaking to people out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>59757492
is it hard work, do they teach you anything?
>>
>>59756197
If you're a programmer, why the hell are you going in for a help desk position? The two barely have anything to do with each other.
>>
>>59757791
I know but i need some experience or they won't look at my resume.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.