[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often should get "new identity" in Tor? Every time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: tor.png (41KB, 762x648px) Image search: [Google]
tor.png
41KB, 762x648px
How often should get "new identity" in Tor? Every time you visit a new website/domain? Does it even matter?
>>
>>59750308
TOR changes your IP regularly.
>>
>>59750360
Yeah, but it doesn't clear the cash and the cookies, so it makes sense to renew your identity from time to time.
>>
>>59750431
You dont need to mess with this unless you maximum privacy. Just reset all the settings in your browser and clean all files(cache/history). I guess by disabling javascript its already hard for servers to get info on your browser.
>>
>>59750453
What I'm concerned is that let's say I visit a vietnamese basket weaving forum that uses Google Analytics (and thus, Google knows I visited "vietnamese basket weaving forum"). Now without renewing my Tor identity, I visit another website, "the liberal front page of the internet" that also uses Google Analytics. Now Google knows that the same person who visited "vietnamese basket weaving forum" also visited "the liberal front page of the internet" etc.

Essentially, Google can follow and track your browsing throughout the web even if you use Tor and don't request a new identity for every website you visit.
>>
>>59750308

Doesn't matter.

Most exit nodes are government controlled. Your privacy is compromised. Also, stop being a pedo.
>>
>>59750493
Okay, I understand.
>>
>>59750308
Are you trying to remain anonymous from the server you visit or from the NSA?
https://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/4960/will-disabling-caching-in-tor-browser-increase-anonymity-or-decrease-it
>>
File: Untitled.png (60KB, 1895x1257px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60KB, 1895x1257px
>>59750308
Force Tor to only use countries which respect your freedom.
>>
>>59750778
How? I can't find such settings.
>>
>>59750493
Pretty sure that TOR-exit nodes can only Lurk on basket weaving forums.
>>
>>59750913
You can safely ignore all of Femanon's posts.
>>
>>59750493
What's the matter?
>>
>>59750913

/Tor Browser/Browser/TorBrowser/Data/Tor/torrc

ExitNodes {}
EntryNodes {}
StrictNodes 1
ExcludeNodes {ac},{af},{ax},{al},{dz},{ad},{ao},{ai},{aq},{ag},{ar},{am},{aw},{au},{at},{az},{bs},{bh},{bd},{bb},{by},{be},{bz},{bj},{bm},{bt},{bo},{ba},{bw},{bv},{br},{io},{vg},{bn},{bg},{bf},{bi},{kh},{cm},{ca},{cv},{ky},{cf},{td},{cl},{cn},{cx},{cc},{co},{km},{cg},{cd},{ck},{cr},{ci},{hr},{cu},{cy},{cz},{dk},{dj},{dm},{do},{tp},{ec},{eg},{sv},{gq},{ee},{et},{fk},{fo},{fj},{fi},{fr},{fx},{gf},{pf},{tf},{ga},{gm},{ge},{de},{gh},{gi},{gr},{gl},{gd},{gp},{gu},{gt},{gn},{gw},{gy},{ht},{hm},{hn},{hk},{hu},{is},{in},{id},{ir},{iq},{ie},{im},{il},{it},{jm},{jp},{jo},{kz},{ke},{ki},{kp},{kr},{kw},{kg},{la},{lv},{lb},{ls},{lr},{ly},{li},{lt},{lu},{mo},{mk},{mg},{mw},{my},{mv},{ml},{mt},{mh},{mq},{mr},{mu},{yt},{mx},{fm},{md},{mc},{mn},{me},{ms},{ma},{mz},{mm},{na},{nr},{np},{an},{nl},{nc},{nz},{ni},{ne},{ng},{nu},{nf},{mp},{no},{om},{pk},{pw},{ps},{pa},{pg},{py},{pe},{ph},{pn},{pl},{pt},{pr},{qa},{re},{ro},{ru},{rw},{ws},{sm},{st},{sa},{uk},{sn},{rs},{sc},{sl},{sg},{sk},{si},{sb},{so},{as},{za},{gs},{su},{es},{lk},{sh},{kn},{lc},{pm},{vc},{sd},{sr},{sj},{sz},{se},{ch},{sy},{tw},{tj},{tz},{th},{tg},{tk},{to},{tt},{tn},{tr},{tm},{tc},{tv},{ug},{ua},{ae},{gb},{uk},{us},{um},{uy},{uz},{vu},{va},{ve},{vn},{vi},{wf},{eh},{ye},{zm},{zw}

Remove from exclude to allow a country. Add it to Exit/Entry to force the said excluded countrie(s) as Exit/Entry. I suggest blocking everything but Russia.
>>
I don't know if I should ask in this thread of make one on /an/. How safe are "vacuum sealed" products around four legged friends?
>>
File: HEY YOU.png (3KB, 555x122px) Image search: [Google]
HEY YOU.png
3KB, 555x122px
>>59750913
DO NOT do this. "Femanon" goes against the Tor developers express warnings about doing such a thing and openly spreads misinformation. It drastically reduces your anonymity.

Listen to this guy >>59751029
>>
>>59751092
Yes, listen to this goy. Send all your data through US nodes. Do it!
>>
>>59751058
>Russia
>respecting freedom
And blocking all but one country is a terrible idea if you want anonymity. Everything i've seen you post seems like obvious bait since you keep posting it. But I'm starting to think you actually believe your own bullshit.
>>
>>59750493
you disgust me
>>
>>59751108
I ddin't say toblock all countries. I don't block all countries as you can see here >>59750778
>>
>>59750493
You wont be able to post on 4chan through Tor. I don't even think posting is possible with javascript disabled, as you should do for safety anyway.
>>
>>59751125
blocking that many is a bad idea if you seek anonymity. It narrows you down very fast. You give bad advice.
>>
>>59751147
Who said I'm posting on 4chan?
>>
>>59751178
And how do you know how many countries I've blocked? My current setup could connect only though Ukraine, that doesn't mean Ukraine is my only whitelisted counrty.
>>
>>59751197
You suggested to block everything but Russia, that is bad advice.
>>
>>59751100
Yes, listen to this goy. Send all your data through US nodes. Do it!
>using default settings that is set for maximum anonymity is bad
>severely limit entry and exits therefore increasing traffic analysis accuracy

Wew.

>>59751125
>I don't block all countries as you can see
>russia
>ukraine
>the end

Reject anything Femanon says. Filter Femanon posts.

>>59751197
Damage control. You're an idiot, sweetie.
>>
>>59751212
>You suggested to block everything but Russia, that is bad advice.
It's better than allowing everything.
>>
>>59751231
>It's better than allowing everything.

This has got to be a troll.

Femanon, explain your reasoning.
>>
>>59751231
Sure, but its still bad advice. Do you do everything half-assed?
>>
>>59751256
Anything is better than allowing your traffic to potentialy touch US, UK, Canada, Australia or NZ land.
>>
>>59751270
I don't, but for someone who does is still better than default.
>>
>>59751281
So drastically reducing your anonymity set by increasing the accuracy of traffic analysis is better than the potential for undecipherable encrypted communications being passed through a certain country?
>>
>>59751298
Not if they want anonymity and not just a proxy. It's just bad practice. I can tell you are stubborn since you are still defending it.
>>
write a script to change your identity every 5 seconds.
>>
>>59750308

It changes everytime you start Tor but, if you feel the need to change it do it. Not going to hurt you the more you change identities. If your not a DNM king pin, looking at CP, or something of that nature you shouldn't be too worried.

Lots of filter fucks in this thread or well one person probably spouting bullshit.
>Femanon
Not fooling anyone here "dude"
>>
>>59751323
Yes. But I wouldn't call it drastically. When was the last time you checked a map?

>>59751323
>undecipherable encrypted communications being passed through a certain country
Until proven wrong.

>>59751332
You get enough anonymity throughout Russia alone as your only whitelisted country.
>>
>>59751424
>You get enough anonymity throughout Russia alone as your only whitelisted country.
There you go half-assing it again. It is not enough for somebody skilled and determined enough.
>>
>>59751424
>Yes. But I wouldn't call it drastically. When was the last time you checked a map?

This shows you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Btw, what country are you in? If you're uncomfortable disclosing your country, what continent?
>>
>>59751524
Ukraine
>>
File: 1365883073752.png (1008KB, 872x720px) Image search: [Google]
1365883073752.png
1008KB, 872x720px
>>59751542
>Ukraine

Aren't you more worried that any Ukrainian intelligence service/agency (or Russian) now has an easier time performing traffic analysis on you?
>>
>>59751522
>Tor forced to use all European countries ( - Russia, as a part of is situated in the Europe continent)
>Tor forced to use Russia

You're telling me that case one is better than case two?
>>
>>59751592
No.
>>
>>59751601
You can request a new circuit per domain.
>>
Should I run Tor on my main OS or isolate it in a VM? I could probably dual-boot and run Tor within Ubuntu, but I am not sure about what PGP tool to use.
>>
>>59751609
Yeah, who cares that KGB is going to sell info on you to the highest bidder, just make sure that CIA doesn't have that info directly.
>>
File: 65000 AOL CDs as art.jpg (105KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
65000 AOL CDs as art.jpg
105KB, 600x447px
>>59751609
>Aren't you more worried that any Ukrainian intelligence service/agency (or Russian) now has an easier time performing traffic analysis on you?
>No.

Ok cool. So, in conclusion, other people that do care about having the most robust anonymity should not be limiting their ENTRY/EXIT nodes to just two countries. At most, excluding nodes should apply TO one or two countries instead (e.g. US or UK) It seems to me you have your reasoning backwards.
>>
>>59751662
>isolate it in a VM
If you feel the need to do so, why even use your host OS anymore? I'd suggest change your host OS or do a better job at controlling it.

>>59751673
Right..

>>59751696
Feel free to give your data to the NSA on a golden food plate for all I care.
>>
File: codpiece.jpg (7KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
codpiece.jpg
7KB, 300x287px
>>59751717
>Feel free to give your data to the NSA on a golden food plate for all I care.

Tor traffic can harvested by NSA or whatever intelligence agency due to the design of the internet itself. Read up on traffic analysis independent of country due to edge-routing between countries. You only make it easier for your country to identify your traffic, and then recommend others to do what you do -- limit all their entry and exit nodes! Even if someone in the US, or UK, or wherever had to do this, their traffic still traverses through their ISP to connect to an entry node; their ISP which is subject to analysis by their home nation's intelligence agency anyway.

Look, just stop recommending others to do what you do. It isn't safe and it isn't smart because your use-case and situation is different from someone elses.
>>
>>59751832
>Tor traffic can harvested by NSA
And you seem willing to give it to them. Good to you.

>>59751832
>You only make it easier for your country to identify your traffic
>Even if someone in the US, or UK, or wherever had to do this, their traffic still traverses through their ISP to connect to an entry node
How? Whether it connects from UK to Russia or from UK to Ukraine it would make no difference in this case. You're just typing more words to make your post longer, but that doesn't make it more intelligent.
>>
>>59751337
I wonder what kind of setup do the alphabay admins use.
>>
>>59751911
>How? Whether it connects from UK to Russia or from UK to Ukraine it would make no difference in this case.
>You're just typing more words to make your post longer, but that doesn't make it more intelligent.

That's just your lack of understanding of the topic which has been proven again and again. I can't help it if you're dumb, sorry princess.

It is sad that you are monumentally stupid. If you're representative of women in tech, no wonder there aren't more of them in it.

I'm screenshotting this thread for eternity. I'd recommend changing your name back to anonymous to avoid the shame.
>>
>>59752004
Hahahaha, this really made me laugh (: But you still have not explained the diffrence between: UK to Russia or from UK to Ukraine (forthe ISPs from UK), which was the given case.
>>
>>59751599
No I'm telling you that there are other better countries to allow
>>
>>59752084
Maybe, maybe not. I personally believe there aren't better than Russia in this case.
>>
>>59751717
Because malware is quite common on the Dark Web and isn't hard to become infected. VM is contained and I can restore to a different state every session.
Dual-boot would be nice because I can encrypt my second drive, as my Windows installation is on a SSD, and I rather not encrypt it because of that.
>>
>>59750308
tor, NoScript icon is not for total disabling JS
what are you even doing OP
replace websites functionality with bookmarklets, if what you want is for instance backlinks in imageboards
>>
>>59750778
>Your fucking IP address is:

edgy
>>
>>59752131
Nothing executes without your consent. Your browser also doesn't run with administrator priviledges.
>>
>>59752150
Hey, the site is really nice apart from its edgyness. No ads, no scripts, lightweight..
>>
File: facepalm.gif (479KB, 322x335px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.gif
479KB, 322x335px
>>59752208
>Nothing executes without your consent. Your browser also doesn't run with administrator priviledges.

>what are exploits
>>
>>59752226
I think the chance of that happening is too low to worth the hassle. But if you are so affraid of the said exploits, then go ahead and run it in a VM. You migh as well just run Tails in that VM.
>>
>>59752259
>run Tails in that VM

lol no.
>>
>>59752279
They said to run Tor in a VM to avoid dual boot. Instead of Tor on some Windows or Ubuntu (which is worse than Windows at this point) might as well go with Tails.
>>
>>59752305
It's not meant to run in a VM.
>>
>>59752048
>emoticons
>Unironically
It might actually be a fucking woman.
>>
>>59752418
https://tails.boum.org/doc/advanced_topics/virtualization/virtualbox/index.en.html
And again, it was just an advice to pick it over Tor in a VM.
>>
>>59752498
>Over Tor in a VM
Kek'd
>>
So, are you people going to provide a solution for the problem of the OP or are you gonna keep spouting bullshit and trolling each other?
>>
>>59753063
>solution for the problem
wut?
theres no objective problem to provide a solution to, its an open question, should I? does it matter? which the whole thread is trying to answer, directly or indirectly
>>
>>59750778
>>59751058
>>59751100
>>59751125
>>59751197
>>59751231
>>59751281
>>59751298
>>59751424
>>59751542
>>59751599
>>59751609
>>59751622
>>59751717
>>59751911
>>59752048
>>59752105
>>59752208
>>59752220
>>59752259
>>59752305
>>59752498
Here are the (You)s you wanted you fucking retard.

>Nothing executes without your consent
Kek
>Changing my traffic and fingerprint doesn't reduce my anonymity at all
>I go against every recommendation made by the developers because of muh experience.
>>
Stop bothering. Pretty much all exit nodes are ran by governments and are compromised.

There IS therapy available for being a kiddy diddler, you know.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.