[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you guys go about accomplishing this project? I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

How would you guys go about accomplishing this project?

I want to put up a monitor on my den wall to act as a digital picture frame of sorts. I want to have it also display what's currently playing on spotify though my sound system while a bunch of looping animations cycle every few hours or so like it's a music stream on twitch or youtube.

Visualizer a plus.
>>
google it you selfish prick why the fuck should we help you with your stupid fucking project
>>
>>59747284
just buy a projector you fucking retard
>>
I spend a good day or so looking to see if there were any projects I could do using a RPi as the basis of the setup but I couldn't find anything.
>>
>>59747291
Whoa, Autism bed time was hours ago. Go to bed before your parents hear you.
>>
File: 1485281665513.jpg (208KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
1485281665513.jpg
208KB, 1200x801px
>>59747284
>How would you guys go about accomplishing this project?
I wouldn't. Pic related, this man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have a monitor up on his 'den" cycling though banal crap every few hours.
>>
>>59747322
Kek. He uses ubuntu.
>>
>>59747322
Maybe you'd be cool too if you could pry your lips off his dick for two minutes
>>
>>59747339
remember kids linux is only free if your time is worthless. This man is worth something so he uses an OS that doesn't waste as much of his time.
>>
>>59747339
Default, too. Not even desktop changed. I take inspiration from this - install a distro and never touch anything. If it works, the distro is good. If it doesn't, go back to *buntu.
>>
>>59747284
I'd make it a mirror for starters
>>
>>59747396
I don't want to obscure the art. If it was just a calendar and weather display sure, but I'm also using it to display maps for D&D games when I'm not displaying this weird LA style Cafe art stuff (AKA Banal Crap).
>>
>>59747284
Easy mode: get a projector. The pain in the ass part for this is cable management and mounting the projector. I assume mounting from the ceiling would be ideal, along with blackout curtains if your den has windows.

Hard mode: buy a multiple monitors (you're gonna have to find the right ones with minimal bezel), and invest in all the framing to get them all nice and squared away. I sure it's a huge chore to get all the monitors to act in unison as if it were one big monitor. This setup will definitely be costly in regards to power consumption, since you will be supplying power to at least 9 or so monitors for this kind of configuration.
>>
>>59747322
>>59747339
Funniest shit about this is that most /g/ kiddos won't even realize WHY people who aren't retarded tryhards don't have 15 monitor setups with riced out Arch crap. Literally just install Ubuntu and go, don't need to mess around with anything.
>>
>>59747359
>linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Is the time of people who use Windows even more worthless since they pay money to use an OS that is less stable and results in less efficient work?
>>
>>59747608
I think I chose a bad picture for my post. I'm just using a single 64 inch 1080p monitor. I'm trying to figure out the best solution to run it.

I just need to figure out what hardware to use and software.
>>
>>59747812
You're seriously arguing that multi-monitor setups are useless? You're just as bad as those try-hards.
>>
>>59747284
geegee
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.