[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amateur programmer here, could you please define >agile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1489961628875.gif (899KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489961628875.gif
899KB, 600x600px
Amateur programmer here, could you please define
>agile
>deployment
>life cycle
>scalable

thanks.
>>
buzzword
buzzword
buzzword
buzzword
>>
>>59744441
They're all vapid buzzwords. You don't need to take them seriously.
>>
all those terms are only for faggot manager types that probably never had to pass calculus for their business degree and can be discarded.
>>
>>59744441
agile means "fast"
deployment is when obummer sends troops to die while he plays golf
life cycle is just the circle of life, see "the lion king"
scalable means something has scales that can be removed, for example, a fish is "scalable"
>>
>agile
Incremental releases on a quick (often weekly or biweekly) schedule with a focus on getting a minimally acceptable product out fast and building its core features up from there

>deployment
Releasing code out into the wild, like a server or pushing a software update

>life cycle
The phases of a project from planning to development to testing to deployment and through to support

>scalable
Able to be grown in size of data and/or userbase without needing to rebuild the whole fucker from the ground up
>>
>>59744489
I thought scalable meant you could climb it
>>
>>59744497
that's the "pajeet" meaning of the word, real code artisans know the real meaning

>>59744444
>>
>>59744495
Whoa an actual answer.

What would make a program not scalable, for example?
>>
define
>ninja
>rockstar
>framework
>compiles into javascript
>>
>>59744529
Imagine I take web orders for my pizzeria and need to save the orders in my system for the Michelin-rated pizza technicians to process. When I'm one store in a small town, I could save each order as a date-stamped plaintext file. I could have also set up a database which adds orders as records. Both will work when I'm a small town store. The plaintext files will not work once I become the next Dominoes. The database solution is scalable.
>>
>>59744495
This.

The takeaway is that you'll end up hacking on already hacked code that just werks, and be expected to provide support when the hacks stop working correctly. Incremental releases just allows you to feel as though there is some kind of end, even though you're there forever.
>>
>>59744441
you shouldn't ask 4chan to do your homework.
>>
>>59744667
U 2
>>
>>59744444
nice quints
>>
>>59744441
>>agile
Fast and responsive
>>deployment
Installation
>>life cycle
You don't know what life cycle means?
>>scalable
That which can be scaled, extensible
>>
>>59744489
Obama isn't president anymore you don't get to blame him for all of your problems.
>>
>>59744441
Agile is a manifesto that basically means tldr: "working code is more important than obsessive documentation"

Scrum is a popular framework that follows Agile principles

>Lifecycle
Buzzword

>Scalable
Oh fug my nodejs meme website has any amount of visitors and its crashing and burning with no survivors, how do I stop this from happening.
>>
>>59744441
Agile: Capable of responding rapidly to stimuli

Deployment: A word to describe when members of the armed forces are stationed somewhere

Life Cycle:The process of birth -> development -> maturity -> reproduction -> birth

Scalable: Able to be reproduced at a different size, while retaining all original capabilities

What do I win?
>>
>>59744441
agile refers to a project management methodology which involves making a simple version of a project and improving it by iterations rather than building it all at once
deploymet means putting applications on production servers
life cycle refers to the time window when a project is actually used, after it's been developped and before it gets abandonned
scalable means it's possible to basically put your shit on more servers to handle more requests
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.