[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the age of smart-everything, is there a standard to control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: remote-collage.png (140KB, 360x212px) Image search: [Google]
remote-collage.png
140KB, 360x212px
In the age of smart-everything, is there a standard to control my TV + AV receiver + Set top box in a centralized way?
Can I do it with my phone (no IR)?

How do you guys do it? You don't have 3 or 4 remotes laying around, do you?
>>
>>59743983
>2017
>Still using a remote
>>
Buy a universal remote, one of those obscenely expensive harmony hub things, or a phone with IR.
Or just get rid of all that archaic equipment.
>>
You can use a smart remote, memetech works fine

Have not tested phone apps
>>
>>59744055
>>59744064
>not using remotes

Exactly, that's what I'm asking you guys. My objective is to get rid of all of this shit.
If I "get rid of all those remotes" how do I control the devices? What do you guys use instead?
>>
>>59744091
Harmony hub is probably the closest to what you want. You can probably get one used for an ok price.
>>
>>59744101
But how does that thing send the signal to the TV and other devices?
>>
>>59744091
I think Logitech sells a thing that pairs with your phone to make it a remote

But stop being a nigger and just use a universal remote
>>
>>59744115
The devices are obviously IR controlled, so it needs to be placed in line of sight for your IR controlled devices.
>>
>>59744127
>it needs to be placed in line of sight for your IR controlled devices

That's a pain in the ass. Won't a simple universal controller achieve the same thing as some other anons suggested?
>>
>>59744141
Of course it would. Just make sure it has enough programmable buttons.
>>
>>59744210
The new ones have touch screens and shit. Very easy to use even for older people
>>
This thread isn't remotely funny.
>>
>>59744303
anon...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.