[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

with the exception of the camera's hdr capture speed and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1491346167958.jpg (23KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
1491346167958.jpg
23KB, 635x476px
with the exception of the camera's hdr capture speed and low light performance my nexus 6 is just as fast as all the $700+ flagship phones on the market today, and has a screen just as good.

why are people still replacing their 2 year old flagship phones?

are they seeing synthetic benchmark numbers not knowing that real world performance has plateaued over the past couple years?
>>
>>59743269
>has a screen just as good
That's simply wrong. Also your battery life blows compared to newer phones. Oh and it lacks fingerprint reader. Also Nexus is a very specific example since it's the only Android phone that gets updated on time, given that it barely sold any units, it's not applicable for most people.

As for reasons, besides the ones mentioned (which are a big deal for some) it's generally a lot more simple, people want new designs and new stuff. Phones are pretty cheap, so why not.

>not knowing that real world performance has plateaued over the past couple years
Also not quite true and depends on what you're doing. Encryption for example.
>>
>>59743774
>>has a screen just as good
>That's simply wrong.
no it isn't

>battery life blows compared to newer phones
the pixel XL and galaxy S7 gets the same battery life according to anandtech
>>
>>59744471
>>>59743774
>>>has a screen just as good
>>That's simply wrong.
>no it isn't

It is.
>>
>>59744471
Let's stick to anandtech for screen then, since it's too shit for displaymate.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8687/the-nexus-6-review/3
>Overall, the Nexus 6 display is quite poor relative to the displays on other smartphones like the Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6, and HTC One (M7). It's also a definite regression from the display on the Nexus 5
Keep in mind that Applel and Samsung massively improved their screens too, so the gap became even bigger.

Same with battery:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10120/the-samsung-galaxy-s7-review/2
>S7
9.6h
>N6
5.25h
That's almost 100% improvement. The test you're thinking about is outdated.
>>
>>59743269
You're too fucking dumb.

Fuck off.
>>
>>59743269
I'm still running a OnePlus One from almost 3 years ago. It still does what I need it to, especially since I can get updates through LineageOS.

I just wish it supported more common LTE bands on T-Mobile. Aside from that, it's been great.
>>
File: 1489265017440.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489265017440.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>59743269
I have a Galaxy s5 with Lineage OS that's twice as fast as a brand new Note 5 in opening apps and loading web pages. It's because OEMs skin Android to look like iOS and then carrier bloat the hell out of it. Take all that shit away and you're left with the fastest and most stable device out there. Why do companies do it instead of providing a pure Android experience? And when they do, why do they neglect updates? I'm getting weekly updates with Lineage. You literally have to buy a Pixel with giant ugly bezels or else the software side of things is dogshit. What the fuck?
>>
>>59745274
Because the average Android user prefers marketing bullshit about higher numbers to user experience.
>>
>>59745029
>the Nexus 6 display is quite poor relative to the displays on other smartphones like the Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6, and HTC One (M7). It's also a definite regression from the display on the Nexus 5

what the fuck, I used an M7 for a while and i upgraded from a nexus 5 to a 6, and those two older screens looks like someone spilled milk on them. The nexus 6 feels like my first phone with a truly clear screen.
(although the color temp. goes off when used in a pitch black room with absolute minimum screen brightness)
>>
>>59745586
Maybe your M7 screen was fucked, or some auto brightness/color profile setting was messed up?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.