[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know who else to ask about this and I'm retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_20170328_163234326.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_163234326.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
I don't know who else to ask about this and I'm retarded when it comes to technology so I hope someone can help me out with this. I don't want to go into personal details here but let's just say that a few months ago my boyfriend did something pretty shitty that ruined trust in the relationship. He seemed to be genuinely remorseful and took steps to show he changed. One thing he did was get a new phone with a new number so that the person he did something shitty with couldn't call him. He told me he ripped the old phone apart and tossed it. Well today I accidentally called the old number. I still had the contact in my list. It rings for times and goes to voicemail. I called him at work and he swears that the old phone is destroyed and that he can show me records that prove he's not paying for that phone bill anymore. He hasn't done anything else to arouse my suspicion. In fact he's been close to perfect but this doesn't make sense to me. Is there any chance that he's telling the truth and that the phone could still ring four times and go to his old voicemail where he says his name on the message even if the phone has long been destroyed and out of service?
>>
>>59740278
tits or gtfo
>>
Heh what a cuck. Should have left him, fag
>>
>>59740346
Can't you be nice and help me out instead? There's plenty of tits on the internet.
>>
>>59740427
>Anonymous
I'm not a fag. I'm a woman.
>>
I just wish someone would explain it to me. If it's possible or not.
>>
File: 1488820928515.jpg (122KB, 1278x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1488820928515.jpg
122KB, 1278x1181px
>>59740278
The numbers get recycled, dumbfuck.
>>
>>59740450
That doesn't change anything that I said
>>
>>59740572
Yes, I am a dumb fuck when it comes to technology. Completely and utterly stupid. That is why I came here. Because I don't know. Can you please answer my question though. Is what he is saying possibly true. Pretend like you're explaining it to an Amish person because I'm practically that clueless with technology. Feel free to keep insulting me but I'm not sure you can make me feel much crappier than I already do. I just want to know the truth.
>>
>>59740572
This. But, I would assume the voicemail message would have been erased/defaulted, unless his provider is ghetto as hell, at least.

Proposal: have someone you know that he doesn't call that number at some time in the future when things have cooled off and try to get him to answer.
>>
>>59740603
Well maybe I am a cuck for staying with him but we have a child together and I don't want her to grow up without both parents. I'm doing the best I can. I just wish people wouldn't cheat at all. I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone
>>
OP here
You nerd disgust me. All of you. Is it to much to ask for a little help without having to put up with your Shit?

No wonder you are virgins without any friends. Gez.
>>
File: 1488490999330.jpg (98KB, 269x328px) Image search: [Google]
1488490999330.jpg
98KB, 269x328px
>>59740636
WHEN YOU GET A CELLULAR COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE YOU ARE ASSIGNED A 10 DIGIT UNIQUE NUMBER THAT OTHERS CAN USE TO CONTACT YOU. WHEN YOU GET A NEW NUMBER BY SIGNING UP WITH A NEW PROVIDER, YOUR OLD NUMBER IS REUSED AND GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE. IF YOU CALL THAT NUMBER AND SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOUR FAGGOT BF ANSWERS, HE IS TELLING THE TRUTH. DO YOU FUCKING GET IT NOW, YOU STUPID WASTE OF OXYGEN? THE NUMBERS GET REUSED.
>>
>>59740684
Thank you. This is a good idea. He doesn't have a ghetto provider. It's AT&T
>>
>>59740690
It's okay femanon, I did some googling. The answer seems to be that yes it is possible he is not lying, but it's unlikely.
>>
>>59740695
Why are you pretending to be me? I'm the OP.
>>
>>59740717
Thank you. I appreciate it
>>
>>59740278
i only care about the kitten
>>
>>59740278
If the phone is out of range, turned off, or broken, the phone company doesn't get a return acknowledge from the unit and sends the caller to voicemail instead. His number hasn't been assigned to another user yet. Fix your self confidence issues and believe your boyfriend.
>>
That kitten is named Booger and I adopted him a few weeks ago. Animals are more loyal than people sometimes.
>>
>>59740278
tl;dr
post more cats or fuck off
>>
>>59740774
Thank you. I feel better now. To be honest I probably am over paranoid. After being cheated on I questioned everything.
>>
File: IMG_20170216_172222.jpg (3MB, 3036x4048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170216_172222.jpg
3MB, 3036x4048px
>>59740811
This is my 15 year old cat. He's such a gentle soul. I wish humans could be as nice as cats.
>>
>>59740278
It's true, numbers get recycled. However, it takes at least 12 months before a number is recycled. Also, by then voice mail will be erased. He smashed the phone, but did he cancel his contract? If he didn't cancel the contract, then obviously his voice mail still works. The fact that there were four rings means that the sim card from the smashed phone was inside another working phone. He's a liar. Dumb his ass and post tits as a show of gratitude.
>>
>>59740870
Impossibru
>>
>>59740963
it's possible, my family had a cat that lived to be like 20
>>
>>59740892
He claims he has records to show he's not paying on that contract. I suspected he could have removed the Sim and put it in a burner. He's swearing it's not true and that he would have to be paying AT&T for this to happen. I wish I had more knowledge than a seven year old when it came to technology. Understanding the male brain would help too but I know women who are worse and cheat too. Shit.
>>
>>59741015
Yep, cats can live over 20 if they are well cared for and fed good food. He has some arthritis but he's doing pretty well overall.
>>
>>59740870
Your cat will die in its sleep tonight if this thread doesn't get deleted within 5 minutes of this post.
>>
>>59741028
He could just open a different bank account or use a prepaid visa. What that anon said is true but there could be some kind of bug or setting that would make it ring still (not likely but possible).
>>
That's cruel.
>>
>>59741090
Go drink some bleach, you dumb fucking shit stain.
>>
>>59741058
It rings then goes to his old voicemail where he says his name. I sent texts and they look like they are being sent. I want so badly to believe him. If it's possible he's telling the truth then it at least gives me hope.
>>
File: 1484109065392.png (68KB, 611x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484109065392.png
68KB, 611x338px
>>59740278
>One thing he did was get a new phone with a new number so that the person he did something shitty with couldn't call him.

That's like getting a new computer and different ISP. Face it OP, your relationship is on the rocks.
If you can't trust him move on.
>>
Why should I go drink bleach? Not everyone knows about technology. In retrospect I should have learned more. I thought this might be a good place to ask.
>>
>>59741131
Believe me, I know how pathetic this seems. If I didn't have a child I would have left him. Not only did he cheat on me, he cheated on me with someone who is overweight and an alcoholic. So many things change when you have a kid. The thought of being a single mom is not what I had in mind for my life but neither is being humiliated and lied to. I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>59741216
Call the old number but put #31# before it. This way he can't see caller id.

I have a child too. My wife cheated me with a total piece of shit guy. After all the lies it was impossible to trust her. I even started logging everything she visited in our home network. Time passed. Still don't trust her but also don't want to divorce. FML.

inb4 someone calls me a cuck
>>
>>59741490
Cuck
>>
>>59741541
virgin
>>
>>59740278
1. voicemail doesn't depend on the phone, it's handled by the telco itself
2. hearing ringing doesn't mean the phone on the other side is ringing, just that a connection is being attempted
3. destroying a phone doesn't prevent access to the number, the number is tied to the SIM card, and even if that is lost, it can be transferred to a new SIM
4. his service won't disappear the moment he stops paying for it, he would also need to explicitly request for the account to be closed
5. it's not impossible that the voicemail is still active after account closure, at least until the number is reassigned
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.