[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a vinyl player, what is a good one? Less than £300, I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
I want a vinyl player, what is a good one? Less than £300, I have a HD600 headphones and I wan't it to hookup to my PC so I can store vinyl as FLAC.

Please help a dude out.
>>
>>59740256
>Vinyl player.

RECORD PLAYER. FFS.
>>
>>59740269
Or turntable

>>59740256
Project Debut Carbon or U-Turn orbit. Or get a used technics table off ebay or craigslist and swap cartridge if needed.

You'll need a phono converter to bring the table output to line level, and then some sort of audio interface to capture it (I have a lexicon alpha, werks good.)
>>
>>59740306
Nice, thanks man.
>>
Just buy a new entry level pro-ject or rega turntable. If it doesn't come with USB buy a Behringer UFO 202 and use that to connect it to your PC. I wouldn't recommend someone who's inexperienced to buy a used turntable as that opens up an entirely new can of worms.
>>
300 pounds for a good record player with pickup, a phono preamp and a worthwhile ADC?
doesn't work out, m8
start with an used thorens, dual, rega, or project, that stuff is everywhere on the classifieds and if you're lucky you can grab something for 200ish that has a good ortofon or grado pickup
spend the rest on a phono preamp if you don't have a receiver that has one built in (probably not if you're on headphones) so you can plug that shit to your headphone amp and play records

then save up for something like a RME babyface (another 300ish used) to print it to your computer DAW
>>
>>59740256
>vinyl
Fucking hipster.
Might as well buy a VHS.
>>
>>59740406
nah, VHS equivalent in shitness would be cassette tape
vinyl is more like super16 film
>>
>>59740365
I just wan't a decent thing that I can hookup to my PC, I don't want no extra shit, I dont even care how it looks I would just like to listen to a vinyl or record or whatever first hand instead of always downloading them off the internet.

I'm probs gonna get that u turn orbit
>>
>>59740493
You know not to be that guy but cassettes around the mid 90s were not too shabby really.
>>
> Unironically getting vinyl for any reason other than scalping
I seriously hope none of you guys do this
>>
>>59740499
Unless you get the Orbit with the phono built in, you'll still need a phono preamp, and if you want to record to files you'll need an audio interface of some sort.
>>
>>59740509
if you had a good nakamichi tape deck and really expensive cassettes, yes
otherwise it's ass
>>
File: EdisonPhonograph.jpg (104KB, 552x540px) Image search: [Google]
EdisonPhonograph.jpg
104KB, 552x540px
>>59740499
Why not pic related?
>>
>>59740532
Fuck it then I'll just get one of them audio technica things for like £90
>>59740592
naa m8 you can shove that up your ass
>>
>>59740621

Just buy some 2nd hand PHILIPS,GRUNDIG turn table for 30 USD and buzz off.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.