[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, what is the best way to save up ~$1600 for my dream laptop?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: msi_nb_gs63_photo12.png (541KB, 900x968px) Image search: [Google]
msi_nb_gs63_photo12.png
541KB, 900x968px
Hello, what is the best way to save up ~$1600 for my dream laptop? I know an answer will entail working and what not, which I agree and understand. However, I am a college student and would like a method to earn this before Septemberish. Any job suggestions/LEGAL strategies? Thanks m8
>>
>>59739201
What is your dream laptop anon?
>>
>>59739201
get a fucking job

>college student
>1600 dollar "dream laptop"
stop spending wastefully first of all, you don't have the money if you're a college kid, you probably just took loans for all your college and you probably eat out every night

you can't afford it. pls stop and just get a 300 dollar chrome book

lemme guess, you wanna "game on the same computer you take notes with"? don't its not worth it and you'll fail out because you'll wanna play video games at the same time you're in class
>>
Dude just get an x230 for $150

WTF do you need a $1600 laptop for?
>>
>>59739244
MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro 4K‑021 15.6″ Notebook

>>59739253
I have a full ride. I have a good $800 laptop now but not capable of full gaming. The MAIN issue is that my gaming desktop is at home, not my dorm... so that's why I wanted this to have it here to play games at NIGHT, not during my honors courses.

I have a 4.0, I believe I deserve it :) But I agree. A job. But then what? How many hours a week would you suggest while taking classes?
>>
>>59739289
My advice is to forget gaming even exists until you are done with school.

Just get a job and save up money.

If you graduate with $10k in the bank you will literally be 15 years ahead of 99% of your peers.
>>
>>59739322
But then once you quit school you don't even want to play video games anymore
>>
>>59739322
The issue is I plan on continuing my education at my top university's medical school *cough Harvard. But would also love to go to Johns Hopkins, etc.

The point is, I won't be done for a little bit so I wanted to take the opportunity now to game a tiny bit at least..
>>
>>59739322
This. Don't think you can do gaming at the same time as your 4.0 work needs.

>I deserve it
no you're entitled, stop fucking around. You magically think you won't be tempted to game on the same laptop you do work on? Thats a bad combo, you'll be so tempted to do work then suddenly OPEN A GAME.
>>
>>59739345
Exactly.

Games are a huge time waster.
>>
>>59739347
So should I just bring my desktop to my dorm next semester and when I wanna play games do it on that?
>>
>>59739370
Anything you don't enjoy doing is a waste of time tbqh.
>>
>>59739346
>medical school

you're going to be pulling 80-100 hour weeks for a long time

zero time for games

time to man up and realize gaming = time wasted
>>
>>59739377
ie video games
>>
>>59739289
I suppose you can get a similarly-specced desktop for about $800. These gaming laptops aren't worth it IMO; too heavy to carry around and their price is really high when you compare their actual performance with some mid-level desktops.
>>
>>59739375
Yes, at least this way your games are separated from your work environment.

Seriously, don't game on the same laptop you do work on. Its really really hard to separate them
>>
>>59739392
>implying
>>
>>59739346
Don't your roommates have an xbox360 you can use or some shit?
>>
>>59739407
Stop playing video games
>>
>>59739201
I'm baffled at the concept of you being so intelligent that you've got a full ride and expect to go to Harvard, and yet you're being this retarded. Why do you need job suggestions or "legal" strategies about buying a laptop? Aren't you smart enough to just find a job on campus or something? You really shouldn't have to deliberate on a forum for this.

Think I just took the bait.
>>
Ok. Thank you guys. You've been a huge help!

In that case, for next PC upgrade would you get 16 gb ram orrr?
>>
>>59739452
please stop
>>
>>59739452
Yes and a windows 10 :)
>>
>>59739447
It has nothing to do with intelligence. I know I can work for it, but I wanted outside opinions. Is that okay?
>>
Take it from someone who blew $2200 on a Digital Storm top of the line dream laptop for college: DONT DO IT

Biggest waste of money in my entire life. Shit was immediately outdated, couldn't hold a candle to my friend's desktops that were significantly cheaper, and I spent basically all my extra money on that right away. You should just bring your desktop to your dorm if you really want to game and save the $1600. Save as much as you can really would be the best advice I can give you.
>>
Just buy a playstation 4, better games too
>>
File: dell-xps-15-4k-hero1.jpg (369KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-15-4k-hero1.jpg
369KB, 1600x1200px
>>59739201
Don't waste money on that garbage. Get an XPS 15
>>
>build $1300 computer
>get $300 Thinkpad
It just works
>>
>>59739531
That is around 2k though... I wanted that it first.
>>
>>59739565
Oh you don't have a microcenter near you? That's unfortunate.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.