[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, so I have a few months to do my bachelor's project/thesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Hey /g/, so I have a few months to do my bachelor's project/thesis for a european college information system course. Basically I've chosen a transport rental business management system, but fucking hell I've been busy as shit with full-time job and other cancers and basically need an easier way out. So can you help me decide which languages and frameworks would be good/simple enough for a simple prototype of such a system?
Basically everything has to be done via database/website interaction so that includes:
MySQL/PostgreSQL database
an at least a little bit interactive/responsive design website
Maybe some added capabilities like turning forms into PDF invoice mockups

I don't really have a prefered language as I'm pretty mediocre/basic at whatever i've had to work with.

So yeah, any clue what languages/frameworks I should go for to achieve a basic website like that? Like what sort of frameworks/languages go well for web - database interaction, etc?

It'd would just be a mediocre rental/e-shop system.
>>
File: car-rental-software-setup.jpg (24KB, 566x268px) Image search: [Google]
car-rental-software-setup.jpg
24KB, 566x268px
Bump my dudes..
>>
>>59737750
React
GraphQL
Microservice to interact with the the DB. Uses REST
>>
>>59738286
Are those fresh frameworks legit or just meme shit? I see they have some good interconnectivity in between and I've seen them mentioned but haven o clue what they're on about exactly.
>>
another bumpito cause i'm feeling hopeless.
>>
>choose easy project
>still can't do it
top kek
>>
>>59737750

Just build a MEME (MEAN) stack app. Stupid easy and can be learned in a day.

Hell or if you're half knowledgeable in C# just make a simple .NET WebPage (Razor) app and host it to Azure (I think they have a free $300 trial). The MSDN has a ton of tutorials of almost the exact thing your making.
>>
>>59739618
Thanks for the ideas, will look it up.
>>
>>59739434
I've been doing fine the first two and a half years but then really let myself go, you've no fucking clue. No motivation whatsoever. Will have to bullshit the shit out of it to get something presentable in ~40 days.
>>
File: 1490849699761.jpg (222KB, 914x1200px)
1490849699761.jpg
222KB, 914x1200px
>>59738361
>can't into basic research
>expects to succeed in the industry

In seriousness, react+patternfly or bootstrap handles all the bullshit css for you.

React handles all the dom shit when you update state.

You just call a microservice over rest, get json (or GraphQL back), and it builds itself with very little code.
>>
>>59740274
Once again, thank you, and yes I know i fucking suck at this shit. I do very basic IT related shit in my current workplace and I enjoy that, but yeah when it comes to proper coding I am dogshit and extremely under-learned or whatever you wanna call it. I'm behind.
>>
does it have to be a mock or will you need to deploy/do it for a real company?
How pretty does it need to be?
How solid against invalid entries?
>>
>>59740983
Nah, not a company, it's literally just to show that you're capable of understanding a certain business' processes (in this case a car rental) and make a prototype business management system of said processes, so here you'd be able to fuck around with vehicle data, stats, trigger emails, invoices, whatever the fuck, honestly pretty basic and no need for it to even be 100% functional.

It doesn't need to be pretty as long as it's clean and functional, but not a website from 2002 either.

And basically I'll just need to present it for 5-10 minutes so even if something gets fucked up on the live demo it doesn't really matter as long as the rest is decent and at least semi-working.
>>
>>59741050
Then I'd use asp.net with a mssql db and some datasource thinghie to handle the connection.
It's far from a best practice but it's quick. Very quick.
I mocked a movie rental with pages for adding users, movies, rentals, listing rentals, searching movies and handling logging in a 7 hours session for an exam.
You can also use resources like reportviewer for the pdf thing.
Maybe make it a little prettier and responsive with a few lines of css.
>>
>>59741475
yeah that would work but it's prefered to make use of free/open source tools. Anyways I'mma take this into account too.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.