[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I need some help with a video streaming setup for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: vlc.png (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
vlc.png
14KB, 300x300px
Hey /g/, I need some help with a video streaming setup for a live event.

I want to:
* Capture a video stream using a PC
* Stream the video locally to a chromecast. This one must have low latency, so I can't leave the local network.
* Stream the video to a streaming service (like twitch).

How can I do something like this?
>>
Do you need to stream only the video or is audio mandatory too?
>>
>>59734313
Video and Audio
>>
You can do that easily with OBS, free program.
Capture the desktop on the client, send it up on twitch (you can do that) and I don't know how the Chromecast works but you can just setup a video stream on something like SMTP or similar protocols and read it via VLC
>>
>>59735518
>SMTP
You mean RMTP, right?

Can I use OBS to send two streams, a twitch one and a RMTP one? (or access the same stream locally?)
>>
>>59735518
Twitch will introduce latency. Actually any service will.

>>59735850
What is your input source? Is it some remote internet stream, an on-site encoder?
>>
>>59735850
>RMTP
Yeah, used it to do more complicated stuff once but I'm not good with names.

I think you can setup multiple streams or just run 2 OBS instances, of course if you have to do that just use one for the stream capture and setup a directshow stream inside the machine to save up on resources, then use as many processes you need for what you need to do, you'll lose just a few mb of ram.

I don't know what I'm saying atm lol, just do some experiments if you know what you're doing.
Another program I suggest is vMix, light, pretty handy but you need to crack it (is around 1000€ for the full feature version), it is a good mixer for different types of sources plus is good at managing net streams in and out
>>
>>59736081
>What is your input source?

It's a webcam connected to the laptop (maybe with an external microphone).
>>
>>59736107
Ok so it should be possible to access along with the microphone using directshow.
You can get the input and encode it using ffmpeg and then output that using some public chromecast streamer.

Here's a chromecast streamer that supports stdin:
https://github.com/xat/castnow

This one takes in parameters, but input doesn't seem as configurable (ffmpeg needs multiple parameters for directshow so this may not work out):
https://github.com/Pat-Carter/stream2chromecast

Page about Directshow input for ffmpeg:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/DirectShow

To achieve low latency encodes special encoding parameters for the x264 encoder should be used. Here's an archived blog post about it by one of the developers: https://archive.fo/gUP7m
When applied the encode itself should have around 40ms of latency, possibly even less. I got good results out of it.
>>
>>59736424
I just tried to pipe ffmpeg to castnow, but the delay is huge (I believe that castnow has a big buffering window).

I'm also piping an avi file and forcing castnow to convert it to mp4, since ffmpeg refuses to stream mp4 videos... That might be a problem.
>>
>>59736764
How big is the latency? If it's over a second long then something after ffmpeg is bad.

Also mp4 is not a streamable format, that's why ffmpeg fails. You can try specifying "-f mkv - |castnow" that will wrap in mkv.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.