[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are a lot of computer discussions on this board about models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1434793853750.png (70KB, 694x669px) Image search: [Google]
1434793853750.png
70KB, 694x669px
There are a lot of computer discussions on this board about models of computers and hardware components. These debates totally ignore the purpose of a computer and instead emphasis the physical aspects.

I'd like to announce that I have discovered the reason why these normies are so common all over technology boards: They are car people. Car people are intellectually incapable of finding the purpose of an object beyond it's most surface, primitive functionality. They are machinists and think that everything within a machine must be the most important aspect of the object. They know little to nothing of code or what computers are used for and often call operating systems garbage based on their physical appearances.

Thoughts?
>>
kys
>>
>>59712620
Mfw he called brand whores car people.
>>
>>59712620
It would be more accurate to call them /fa/ people. If they only care about the basic functionality, they wouldn't give a shit about the brand.
>>
>>59712620
Jesus Christ, I'm having flashbacks.

In my first job out of college, I was working on a C# document storage system. A commonly used property for documents were "attributes" -- key-value pairs.

The lead designer, with 10 years of experience, had defined it like this:

class Document { 
/* ... */
public Attribute[] Attributes;
}

Every time he wanted to get an attribute? Write a for loop.

Every time he wanted to set an attribute? Write a for loop that looks up, then do OP's pic if the value was not found.

TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY TIMES.

290 re-implementations of vector store and insertion. I know because I replaced them all with a fucking method call that just stuffed that shit into a Dictionary.

Now, whenever robots or anyone else asks for job hunting tips, my #1 is always

>don't accept a job with anyone who doesn't verify your programming skills
>if they don't check you, they didn't check any of your coworkers either
>>
>>59712810
This is why big companies do these annoying whiteboard interviews.

It's so fucking frustrating how at least half of the people in this field have no idea what they are doing. This is how you end up with O(n!) algorithms for trivial tasks.
>>
How do you add a new element to a fixed array then? Isnt the only way to do it is to remake it?
>>
>>59712810
>>59712939
It's like that pretty much everywhere. Basically every company is held together with duct tape and chewing gum. Nobody optimizes past the point of "good enough". Why would they?

And by "every company", I mean EVERY SINGLE COMPANY. Not just IT shit. I mean pretty much every commercial organization there is. It's even worse in government organizations where there is no profit motive to become more efficient.

Funny thing is, the world keeps turning. I work in kitchen. Food safety is a meme. Though that is more a testament to the effectiveness of the human immune system.
>>
>>59714375

Exactly. An array is the wrong data structure to use here. You probably want to use a list instead.
>>
>>59712620
>normies
kys you plebian faggot
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.