[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Galaxy S8 Has a Facial Recognition System That Can Be Tr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7207.jpg (25KB, 540x334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7207.jpg
25KB, 540x334px
>Galaxy S8 Has a Facial Recognition System That Can Be Tricked Simply by Waving a Photograph in Front of the Smartphone

>http://wccftech.com/galaxy-s8-facial-recognition-security-flaw/

Kek
>>
File: IMG_7193.jpg (80KB, 554x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7193.jpg
80KB, 554x767px
>>59710796
Not surprising. Chinkshits have no imagination.
>>
who thought facian recognition is a good security measure anyway? its just a meme because they have to add features to sell new phones, same with fingerprint scanners
>>
>>59710796
>>59710847
>Print picture of Kim Kong Un
>Use photo as facial recognition lock, with passcode as secondary
>Keep picture of Kimmy in your wallet
>Unlock your phone in public (preferably crowded places) using the photo.

This is a blessing in disguise. And you say chinks are the ones with no imagination.
>>
>>59710856
Fingerprint scanners are legit useful though assuming they're built correctly. They beat the hell out of retyping your (long and secure) password constantly.
>>
This is like the movies
>>
>>59710987
>Not unlocking by fingerprint AND 16 long character password
>>
>>59710949
>having to get out your wallet just to check your phone

wow sounds convenient
>>
>>59711572
I said passcode as a secondary you illiterate nigger
>>
>>59711733
So you'd use the passcode anyway?

What's the point of the picture?
>>
I thought this had been solved in the past by having the user blink.

I also thought that the new recognition feature in the S8 required higher resolution imaging of the eyes such that a simple photo wouldn't be enough (or you would need a very good photo in order to trick it).

Though I have always thought that these gimmick unlock techniques are just gimmicky shit and not secure.
>>
>>59711745
Face and fingerprint unlock also isn't protected under the law. You can be compelled to provide both of those, while a password you cannot (excluding some circumstances)
>>
>>59710949
This is autism in its purest form, folks.
>>
If this was Apple the fucking autists on this board would lose it.

Meanwhile, the "retards" at Apple are using full 3D rendering for their front camera that can't be tricked by a 12 year old. Dumbass chinks.
>>
>>59710949
Oh fuck kek.
>>
>>59711959
That's because if Apple implemented it people would actually use it and it would be a serious problem.
>>
>>59711793
that's why you reboot your phone when in doubt
>>
>>59710987
difference is i dont leave my long and secure password on every surface i touch
>>
Oh great. Now the jackboots really can force you to unlock your phone. Wonderful.
>>
>>59711742
Do you have trouble understanding a simple joke?
>>
>>59710796
Who was the genius that thought facial recognition would be secure?
>>
>>59712751
oh so it was a joke.

Why did you defend it in the other reply then?
>>
>>59711793
Isn't that considered biometric data
>>
>>59712837
Because the point of the picture was to be a superficial option, just to mess with people in public.
>>
File: IMG_6893.jpg (22KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6893.jpg
22KB, 216x216px
>>59710796
>>
File: wp_ss_20160127_0001.png (214KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160127_0001.png
214KB, 1440x2560px
>>59710796
So Microsoft is still the only one who knows how to utilize iris scanners
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.