[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which programming language is the most fun/useful to learn in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Which programming language is the most fun/useful to learn in a timespan of 2 months assuming you'd spend about an hour a day learning?
>>
>>59709580
Most likely the combination of Ruby/Crystal, as you almost get two for one in the long term.
>>
>>59710339
Not OP but does anyone really use crystal? I'm just a noob but I've only heard of it the other day.
>>
C# in visual studio is amazing. I've had a lot of fun playing around with the Windows forms and building applications.
>>
>>59709580
>most fun/useful
fun: 8086 asm
useful: c++17
>>
>>59711121
>Not OP but does anyone really use crystal? I'm just a noob but I've only heard of it the other day.
As in companies other than Manas do in production? No, of course, not, it will become stable this year.

However, unless they totally botch it - and looking at 0.22 I have high expectations - I expect a lot of companies using Ruby to adopt it, as it's basically Ruby without the dynamic meme.
>>
C#. Super easy to pick up, Winforms lets you slap together applications very easily, and Visual Studio takes a shitload of the work out of the learning curve to proper formatting and error detection and syntax.
>>
File: 1476324034872.png (509KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1476324034872.png
509KB, 768x576px
>>59709580
C#.
Just pick up a good book like "Pro C# 5.0 and the .NET 4.5 Framework" or newer and just read it for one hour everyday.

If you can, make some exercises and try to follow the book examples in Visual Studio. Hell, you don't even need Visual Studio if you don't want to, just use a simple code editor and compile using csc/mono.
>>
>>59709580
Honestly? Python. Gives you most bang (as in everyday fun things you can do with it) for the buck (time spent on learning it).
>>
>>59711220
Thank you for the run down anon. Maybe I will start looking into this as well.
>>
>>59709580
Visual Basic.
>>
>>59712462
VB is fucking anus.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.