[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literally copied Chromium's sandboxing code >still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.png (77KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
Mozilla_Firefox_logo_2013.png
77KB, 384x384px
>literally copied Chromium's sandboxing code
>still insecure as fuck and falls within the single day on every Pwn2Own contest
>Meanwhile Chrome is still the most (ironically) secure browser there is despite all the botnet spying

Are there more incompetent devs than Mozilla's?
>>
>>59704031
Firefox has been irrelevant since Firefox 3.6.

After that, it's just been them trying to catch up to Chrome.
>>
>>59704031
Comodo dragon is more secure than chrome
>>
Edge.
No webm but ads
>>
>>59704031
That's too hard for /g/ op.
>>
They haven't even enabled all of the sandboxing functionality yet.
>>
>>59704031
Oh look, it's the daily shill chrome and bash firefox thread
>>
File: ohlook.jpg (46KB, 544x517px) Image search: [Google]
ohlook.jpg
46KB, 544x517px
>>59704031

oh the shills... makes me want shilly....is it shilly in here?
>>
>use firefox since 2005
>loyal user
>firefox perpetually becomes worse and worse
>keep using because i trust them
>download chromium-nosync
>super fast
>no hiccups
>only complaint is the way it renders...

sigh... mozilla actually takes auditing code seriously yet there are more vulnerabilities in firefox? come the fuck on!

from this stage mozilla should just build a geco+v8+webkit chimera of chromium and call it a day.
>>
>>59704083
at least we've got pocket lol
>>
>>59704232
This
>>
>>59707028
The extensions are such a bad vector. I can write an add-on for Firefox that deleted your home folder because they have literally run any user level code.
>>
>>59704031
>literally copied Chromium's sandboxing code
[Citation needed]
>>
What if we took Chromium's rendering engine and shoved it into Firefox?
>>
>>59707028
no.. they should ditch gecko and start full effort on servo since it's the best browser engine that exists even if it's not even close to done

parallelizing web content is a fucking must in the future, phones alone would see major enhancements to battery usage
>>
>>59707512
Check out Mozilla's own wiki page on sandbox.
>>
>>59707028
same, ive been using it for years and wouldnt feel comfortable just switching to another browser, thats like swapping your baby for someone elses even if they are cuter and not black
>>
>>59704031
every browser fails immediately first day of Pwn2own there are no 'secure' browsers.

use firejail if you need a sandbox, also when using chrome/FF addons only use the open source ones and keep a local git clone that way you can inspect what the changes are before rebuilding them to avoid your addon being sold to a 3rd party and phantom changed to adware

building FF and Chromium take forever though sadly must do it to rip out half the junk you don't want
>>
>>59709566
Do I need like 16gb ram to build or can it be done for less? I always wanted to try such a task.
>>
>>59709600
2G RAM with an additional 2GB of available swap space is the bare minimum, 8G would be nice or more but of course subsequent builds won't take as long just the first which is almost 2hrs on a system with 32G and multiple cores
>>
>>59704232
I would switch to edge if it had webm support.
>>
Chrome is as secure as a prison
And guess who the prisoner is
>>
>>59710123
It can be a lot faster if you build inside a ram disk. It usually takes me less than 30 minutes to build Firefox on an i5 with 8GB of RAM.
>>
>>59704083
I don't enjoy sending back Kek knows what info to google periodically, so Firefox it is for me.
>>
>>59704031
Firefox is only for spics
>>
>>59712277
you mean germans
>>
>>59711918

it does have webm support, the webms need to be encoded with VP9, 4chan is still using VP8 webms.
>>
>>59704232

ublock origin is in beta on edge, final release is coming with creator's update.
>>
>>59704031
>Are there more incompetent devs than Mozilla's?
mpv's.
Mozilla at least created a browser. mpv is 100% stolen and it's still not very good.
>>
>>59704031
Firefox is like buying a gun to protect yourself, it's only beneficial if you know how to use it. Chrome is like hiring a bodyguard, you're constantly being watched and you're never alone but I guess it feels more secure?
>>
firejail
>>
>>59707028
>chromium-nosync
Where?
>>
>>59714061
On the Internet. Apply yourself for once.
>>
>>59713647
well then it doesn't have webm support, it has partial webm support.
>>
>Firefox users laughed when Opera died
>Now that Firefox is dying they expect sympathy
>>
I'm literally only still on it because I'm waiting for servo, if that fails I'm done with mozillas shit once and for all
>>
File: burial.jpg (32KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
burial.jpg
32KB, 455x455px
>>59704031
firefox is still the best browser lel
it doesn't really matter that much anway lel
u fucking autists
srware iron, pale moon, firefox, all great
firefox has caught up in terms of speed, most reviews it is the same or slightly better than chrome
>>
>>59704471

>tfw it's so shitty that they have to kill XUL
>>
If I was ever going to switch from Iceweasel on my laptop and IceCat on my phone, it would be to UnGoogled Chromium. But I don't really see why I should.
>>
>>59709493
Not him but the way I switched was really slowly. I kept using Firefox for daily browsing and started using chrome for heavy sites and videos since it doesn't crash the entire browser once reaching 8GB of usage, then I got LastPass synced history and slowly fell in love with chrome.

Now Firefox feels like putting a Lada engine in your 2018 Porche.
>>
Is it just me or did ublock origin just break in nightly?
>>
>>59717442
Happened a few days ago actually. There's a fixed version on AMO but it's a beta right now

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/versions/beta
>>
>>59717487
Thanks
Will the beta version update itself in the future?
>>
>>59717428
dude, at least switch toChromium
>>
>>59717514
You know I'm not sure. I guess it will once there's a new stable release at least. I'm not sure how the beta versions work
>>
do you guys use chromium or chromium-dev?
>>
>>59717528
I just tried it and it does actually update to the newest beta version.
>>
>>59717664
it only updates if you install it from the store
>>
>>59717679
You mean previously right? If you install it from AMO and then check for updates it will update to the latest beta version apparently.
>>
>>59704031
>still insecure as fuck and falls within the single day on every Pwn2Own contest
Just crashed. The most insecure shit was Edge this year.
>>
>>59704031
>run malware in FF
>you steal the users data
>run malware in Chrome
>the botnet steals your malware
>>
>not using opera
>>
>>59717236
I'm pretty sure that's not the reasoning behind killing XUL
>>
servo seems promising and probably a replacement anyway
>>
don't care still got addons
>>
>>59704031
os. Fuck the rest, this is the fastest and most secure browser at a programmer's hands.
>>
File: windowNew.png (46KB, 1400x1028px) Image search: [Google]
windowNew.png
46KB, 1400x1028px
>>59704031
>there is
No, that would be Metanoia.
>>
you can do everything with firefox, plus its private. theres a reason tor uses it

chrome is very fast with more restriction and a botnet

i choose firefox, even if its slower because i value my privacy and also i like the addons firefox has. i also like the community around firefox.

that being said, im still very impressed with the speed of chrome, its crazy fast.
>>
>>59720816

also forgot to mention, chrome is compatible with most sites. ive found with firefox some sites dont work.
>>
>>59720840
>chrome is compatible with most sites. ive found with firefox some sites dont work.
That's more the fault of the websites than of the browsers.
Chrome is becoming IE6 all over again.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.