[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who uses Linux? I installed Manjaro KDE and when i try to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Acid trip.jpg (1MB, 2057x2442px) Image search: [Google]
Acid trip.jpg
1MB, 2057x2442px
Who uses Linux? I installed Manjaro KDE and when i try to change the sensitivity on my touch bad, the settings are grey. When i try to change the scaling and font, i apply it, but after reboot it still doesnt change. Ive read it might be Libinput but i dont want to remove it and fuck up something else. Any ideas how to fix it?
>>
>>59698108
touchpad*
>>
File: 1456419827996.jpg (130KB, 720x823px) Image search: [Google]
1456419827996.jpg
130KB, 720x823px
OpenBSD is the only operating system worth using.
>>
>>59698174
I know its very secure already, but is that why? How is compatibility compared to most other Linux OS?
>>
>>59698108
>romanticizing ergotism

ur the worst kind of shill m8
>>
>>59698313
umm what? How does this post have anything to do with shilling? I titled the pic "Acid trip" and im talking about linux. Im not romanticizing anything and fuck yea lsd is amazing twice a year. So what?
>>
>KDE
Found your problem.
>>
>>59698811
its one of the most popular ones for a reason haha
>>
File: useless piece of shit.png (38KB, 740x537px) Image search: [Google]
useless piece of shit.png
38KB, 740x537px
>>59698811
What do you recommend instead? How do you change touchpad sensitivity in your DE of choice?
>>
>>59699004
Try it on a basic distro like ubuntu of fedora. If it supports that setting, good.
As for DEs, most suggestions people give you on here are irrelevant. There is a spectrum that goes from performance > lack of eye candy to performance < eye candy.

Things like xfce, lxqt, or even a tiling WM is something you would use if you value performance more than eye candy. KDE or gnome is something you'd use if you like eye candy and can spare the performance. Its all up to what you prioritize. Don't listen to anons who give black and white answers.
>>
Use MATE and kys
>>
>>59699748
KDE has gotten a lot better performance wise recently. Also im running on 12gb ram and KDE takes up about 500mb if my memory serves correct. Not that bad at all really.
>>
>>59698108
u fucked up
if you want kde you get kde neon

>>59699004
gnome is great but too much ram
and you have to DnD from file manager
>>
>>59700359
Whats so good about neon?
>>
>>59698108
>Ive read it might be Libinput
Log out, select KDE on Xorg, login again. You might be running on Wayland. Sometimes, after an update, this gets switched and you won't notice until stuff starts acting up. It's bitten me in the ass a few times now.
>>
Install Arch (use an installer).
>>
>>59703216
there is installer for arch?
>>
>>59705022
There are several, but it honestly is not difficult to install it without one.

>partition, format, and mount drive(s)
>download/install packages with pacstrap
>create fstab
>set locale
>set timezone
>set hostname
>set root password
>install bootloader

That's it. There really isn't that many steps. And the install guide tells you how to accomplish each one if you don't already know how: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
>>
>>59700753
What is Xorg? On the screen where i chose what i load it says domething like
>Load manjaro
>Load Manjaro free
and then 3 other random options that dont have manjaro in the description
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.