[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Google just killed Mobile App development: https://develope

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

Google just killed Mobile App development:

https://developers.google.com/appmaker/

no longer necessary to learn android/ios
>>
>>59696667
thank god, now more people will understand that mobile app development is easy shit
>>
>>59696667

I too read hacker news op.
>>
>>59696667
That's cool, hit me with ragu on that pic
>>
>>59696667
a billion pajeets can now flow even more easily the app market. great news.
>>
I bet she'd be tonnes of fun.
>>
>>59696798
Ragu is a stew not a sauce.
>>
>>59697211
Brand of pasta sauce
>>
>>59696667
APRIL FOOLS
>>
>>59696667

THICC
H
I
C
C
>>
>>59697233
i hope
>>
>>59696667
This is old as fuck, kiddies in grade school use it to make basic apps just like Scratch
>>
>>59696667
HIGH TEST
I
G
H

T
E
S
T
>>
>>59696667
What people don't understand is pretty soon web dev is going to be the same, then 'back end' dev will go the same route. All major corps are trying to make extreme abstractions that allow for average joe to use a DSL in order to program whatever they want. In a few years these will be simple voice commands "Bring me up a login screen, add an alert that notifies me via gmail whenever a sale is made, adjust the screen by half, change the font.."

In less than 5 years somebody will come out with a completely simple drawing program allowing you to design and just push a button to program an app and sell your junk. A million out of work webdevs within minutes.
>>
>>59697625
Good
>>
>>59697604
Don Knuth made this, he was hired by jewggle to make app maker DSL back in the day but they've been recently adding to it and pushing it
>>
File: 1403017862122.gif (833KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1403017862122.gif
833KB, 200x150px
>>59697625
Webdevs maybe but web APP developers will be safe
>mfw I know what a stored procedure is, I think
>>
>>59697652
Nope

With web assembly you can now write a DSL in some highly symbolic language like Scheme in order to build apps. In fact applications are itself dead because of web assembly, you can just push a binary via the browser soon and not even need the google app store
>>
>>59697704
t. someone who's never made anything more complicated than my first CRUD in MVC 5
>>
It's just another product that simplifies basic tasks for users. But they'll eventually need something custom, or more advanced, or prettier, etc. Look at the whole market that revolves around Wordpress.
>>
>>59696667
Bruhhh
>>
>Any year
>DSL is going to kill programming anyday now, I am telling you.
DSL will never do that you mongrels.
>>
>>59696667
ANDROID IS FINISHED
but at least you don't have to learn Java
>>
>>59697211
they make pasta sauce
>>
I can't join/request the early access as an admin of google business

so it might be april fools
>>
File: dead end.png (33KB, 575x630px) Image search: [Google]
dead end.png
33KB, 575x630px
Thought I'd check it out but ran into a dead end.
>>
File: IMG_2228.jpg (46KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2228.jpg
46KB, 375x375px
>>59696667
Wait so it's just the tools apple developers have had for the last 8 years + A realm like database
Way to innovate google.
>>
>>59696667

>believing anything posted on april 1st.
>>
>>59696667
F R O N T P A G E
T
H
I
C
C
>>
>>59696667
Pajeet on suicide watch (literally)
>>
>>59696667
mmmm linda
>>
>>59697625
They said the same thing about wix, weebly, wordpress, and squarespace. These tools create more work for webdevs, not less.

Anybody can make a website using these tools - and yet its the webdevs who end up making them.

You can add plugins to wordpress until it becomes a fully functional social network. It takes a web dev to know that's a bad idea - and how to do it the right way.
>>
>>59697625
And eventually most jobs are going to be gone because we're gonna have so much automation that there just won't be enough work.

Then we get to watch the world go crazy because people don't know what to do with free time.
>>
>>59696853
Judging by your grammar, you might be one of them.
>>
>>59697227
>>59699206
Filthy Americans detected.

Go read up on what ragú actually is.
Hint: It's not a fucking brand name.
>>
>>59700664
>In Italian cuisine, ragù (pronounced [raˈɡu]) is a meat-based sauce that is commonly served with pasta and created by Alberto Alvisi in the 18th century. The Italian gastronomic society l'Accademia Italiana della Cucina documented several ragù recipes.[1]
Its a sauce unless you are a filthy Southerner
>In southern Italian regions, especially Campania, ragù is often prepared from substantial quantities of large, whole cuts of beef and pork, and sometimes regional sausages, cooked with vegetables and tomatoes. After a long braise (or simmer), the meats are removed and may be served as a separate course without pasta. Examples of these dishes are ragù alla Napoletana (Neapolitan ragù) and carne al ragù.[2]
>>
>>59696667
>making something easier is bad.

Must rewire house every time I want to turn a light on. Only retarded plebs use light switch.

I like it because it removes the snobbery that a lot of coders have. That snobbery is very real too. Even when shitty devs don't make a gui, it's retards who can't use command line who are to blame.
>snobbery off the charts
>>
>>59701278
You're replying to the wrong guy.
>>
>>59700097
I made a site for a local chorus with jimdo in one afternoon, a lot of pages, a lot of content, good enough graphic and they paid only 80€/year.
If that's what web programmers do is completely useless, a totally automatic job, actually only a graphic is required in order to make a good job with YSWYG or whatever they're called HTML editors.
>>
From an end user and not a coder, babifying development tools only makes it even easier for art majors, "c0de g1rls" and extreme casuals to make low quality apps "BUT MUH MODERN GUI!!!" that will no longer be left in its proper containment field of phoneshit.

Like, look at fucking windows 10. Every single thing wrong with it is a mobile paradigm, something these morons have been forced to choke down for years. Now they want to force it on us... no, fuck off.
>>
>>59700664
It's fucking tomato sauce with hamburger, uptight cunt.

Guess what: Parmesan is actually Parmesan even if it's made in Wisconsin, no matter how triggered that makes you.
>>
>>59701985
Never said it's not you goddamn illiterate retard.

I was responding to those two that think that Ragù is the name of a company/brand and not the name of the sauce.
>>
What exactly does this mean?
>>
Normies will never use it. It just easies grade schoolers and pajeets to create apps but if it requires anything custom you will need somebody who actually knows what he is doing.
Nobody needs bad programmers and this is one step to weed them out. Too bad the competition for actual programmers will become higher but that was inevitable.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEurQQ9XPjs
>>
File: 1469843979355.png (231KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
1469843979355.png
231KB, 304x366px
>>59696667
>Google just killed Mobile App dev if your app is something trival that requires basic UI and practically no logical discussion masking or custom features.

okay OP
>>
>>59700664
pls no mad
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.