[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been on the lookout for a secure messaging app for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So I've been on the lookout for a secure messaging app for android (+PC as a bonus) and the "Quote Reply" feature is essential for me to keep track of things due to the sheer volume of certain chats I have, along with the ability to have multiple chats for the same contact for the same reason.

In case you're not familiar with the whole "Quote Reply" crap, think of it as being able to individually reply to different messages when you have a bunch of messages to deal with.

I've already tried:
Wire - Not sure about how secure it is but doesn't contain the features I require.

Signal - Read many good things about its security and its emphasis on privacy but sadly it lacks in both the features I require... Although I'm lead to believe it would be possible to create my own app that includes those features using the source code but it's not something I'm knowledgeable enough to do.

Telegram - Actually contains both the features I require (the multiple chats for the same contact can be had by creating multiple secret chats for the same person) but sadly heard their security is absolute shit and that their encryption is flawed and not implemented properly etc. etc.

Can a man have secure private messaging AND fancy specific features?
>>
XMPP >> Conversations
>>
Whatsapp has all that, but you might be flagged as a terrorist for using it if you live in the UK.
>>
>>59687815
Please educate me. Is there a client with the features I want? The website seemed to have a looong list.
>>
>>59687842
Nope, with WhatsApp you can only have one chat per person, at least from what I know.
>>
The message seen is the biggest bullshit to happen to IM in a long fucking time. Just leave it at delivered and that's it. Sometimes I just don't want to reply to the bullshit memes my normie coworkers send me but they get all butthurt if you leave them as seen.
I know why they do it but it just fucking infuriates me
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.