[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the end of Net Neutrality end most forms of piracy and kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: net_neutrality1_600x400.jpg (56KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
net_neutrality1_600x400.jpg
56KB, 600x400px
Will the end of Net Neutrality end most forms of piracy and kill "controversial" websites like 4chan?

Assuming Net Neutrality dies, isps could just stop letting you go to pirating websites, private trackers, kill downloading via xdxx, ect. right? They could be pressured or bought by music and television companies and completely shut down shit that they feel loses them money right?

Any sort of controversial website could also just be blackballed out of existence right? Say only 3 isps in the world allow you to use 4chan, and people pressure them to stop allowing access, and they do. That's just the end of 4chan?

Assuming all the above is true, would pay more for an isp that's follows net neutrality? Would you pay more to your existing isp for a service that allows it?

Should I just pirate all of my anime and shit now before all of my trackers get shunned from every isp on earth?

Why don't people really seem to care about this?
>>
>>59685055
net neutrality was a bad option, letting the government protect people. Now we move back to having protect ourselves from everyone on every side. The internet is and always was the wild west, get used to it.

Nobody can stop users from doing anything without shutting off their traffic because ISPs can't track shit with proper encryption. They have a hard control on DNS, they don't have a hard filterable control on traffic, they just have an off button (slider, really). That itself only works til you get into like meshnet layers and stuff which are an extreme end without any ISP involvement.
>>
>>59685082
don't have a hard control on DNS*

Did you know ICANN isn't the ONLY dns structure that currently exists today? If you want to set your own IP to google.com.... you can! And if someone else decides you're an authoritative source... they can follow your lead.
>>
Its just a phase.
For example pirating has been:
>swapping (send disks in physical letters)
>Modem BBS
>Ftp
>Newsgroups
>P2P

What makes you think nothing new comes after this phase?
>>
I don't think the EU is going to reverse its net neutrality laws any time soon.
>>
>>59685101
I mean, if neutrality ends, whatever comes next could just be shut down as soon as it pops up.

>>59685105
Must be nice
>>
>>59685055
>Living in the land of the free
>>
>>59685055
It's possible to do most of this now - apparently the chinks have things locked down fairly tightly. Although they probably don't care about piracy as much they're more concerned with political dissent.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.