[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>open source version of Slack >works on every major OS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 1490505435069.png (12KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1490505435069.png
12KB, 288x288px
>open source version of Slack
>works on every major OS
>decentralized, federated model of both servers and clients creating a network with no single failure point
>you can host your own server
>nothing needed but username and password
>end to end encrypted
>supports every kind of file transfer
>voice and video ready with WebRTC

Why doesn't /g/ use Riot?

Why doesn't /g/ have an official Riot room?
>>
yet another open source shit that no one will use
>>
Tried to set this up for a private network, but it needs a centralised identity server only run by matrix.org, and they discourage running your own one. It needs working SMTP for a registration flow too.

I would love to offer a more modern experience to my IRC users if anyone has any tips on setting up a (completely) isolated synapse + matrix-appservice-irc instance.
>>
>>59679644
That sounds lame. Thanks for the disappointment, OP.

On a separate note does anyone know of a foss JIRA alternative? Don't say Trello either.
>>
>>59679675
trac / bugzilla / mantis
>>
>>59679644
hmmm did you ask them for a solution to this?
>>
>>59679841
Trac looks good, thanks
>>
>>59679644
oh what a surprise it doesnt work
>>
>>59680907
It does but not the way he wants it to
>>
>>59679180
I wish this other slacklikes had good native clients. The idea of slack is solid (user friendly IRC) but the pain in the ass 800lb gorilla webshit clients everybody makes are getting tiresome.
>>
File: 1389140649542.png (327KB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
1389140649542.png
327KB, 4000x2250px
>>59679180
>open source version of
There's the first problem. You're expected to figure out why it doesn't work when it doesn't work. People don't want half baked and untested garbo to do work on.
>>
>>59679180
Hey look an amateur software shilling thread.
>>
>>59683575
It works fine
>>
Tried on android with one friend
when i enabled encryption it stop to receive messages
>>
File: ring.cx.png (32KB, 573x191px) Image search: [Google]
ring.cx.png
32KB, 573x191px
forget about Riot, use Ring:

- GNU project
- free software
- decentralized
- encrypted
- flawless interface and functions

THIS is what you should use. At least to replace your shitty video calling software.
>>
>>59685550
Ring is even buggier and uglier than Riot but I do prefer their ID system.
>>
It's nice and all, but Riot and Ring etc won't ever get any traction unless they're being put on Android as default app. Mobile first.MAKE people use this.
Obv never going to happen.
>>
>>59685749
Facebook isn't on all devices by default and everybody uses it.

Open source shit just doesn't even try and they don't have the resources to deliver a product or market it.
>>
>>59685749
"It's nice and all, but Snapchat won't ever get any traction unless it's being put on Android as a default app."

replace Snapchat with
- Whatsapp
to see how your statement doesn't make any sense.

By your logic, Google+, Google Allo and that other Google messaging service should have had massive adoption.
>>
>>59685806
it's not that they market it, it's that to use these open source programs you have to do 10 shitty steps and setup 5 different things and normies don't have time and interest for it.
>>
>>59686287
>10 shitty steps and setup 5 different things
you didn't read through the thread, didn't you? It's mentioned in the OP how you need less information for Riot than you would need for facebook (username and pw instead of full name, email, password and whatever else fb wants).
Ring.cx works with and without registration. It automatically assigns your device an ID, or you can set a username (without a password!) that you can share with your contacts.

Care to explain how those are 10 steps and 5 setups? Or can you admit that you just made up things?
>>
>>59686287
>>59686412
rekt
>>
>>59685550
>>59686412
>>59686469

>samefag
>>
Open sores is trash, it's why linux is at 1% with no games.
>>
>>59688817
>no games
http://store.steampowered.com/linux
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.