[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Verizon to pre-install a 'Spyware' app on its Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: verizon-appflash-evie-launcher.png (79KB, 728x380px) Image search: [Google]
verizon-appflash-evie-launcher.png
79KB, 728x380px
https://thehackernews.com/2017/03/verizon-appflash-evie.html?m=1

>If the death of online privacy rules wasn't enough for Internet Service Providers and advertisers to celebrate, Verizon has planned to pre-install spyware on customers' Android devices in order to collect their personal data.

>The telecom giant has partnered with Evie Launcher to bring a new application called 'AppFlash' — a universal search bar that will come pre-installed on the home screens of all Verizon Android handsets for quickly finding apps and web content.

>AppFlash is simply a Google search bar replacement, but instead of collecting and sending telemetry data including what you search, handset, apps and other online activities to Google, it will send to Verizon.

>What's worse? Just like other pre-installed bloatware apps, Android users can't uninstall AppFlash quickly, unless they have rooted their phone.
>AppFlash allows you to search inside apps or browse through listings of nearby restaurants and entertainment. The built-in Google Search can also do all these stuff. So, there's nothing this app does that a Google search can’t.

>Then what's the need for this app? Of course, selling your data to advertisers or other big data companies and make money — thanks to the US Senate that allowed ISPs to collect and sell your data without permission and banned the FCC from ever passing any rule that would limit these powers.

>What's more? There is a 'Suggested Apps' section on the AppFlash main screen, which means that those apps have paid Verizon a good price to list on the main screen.
>>
>Android
kek
Apple wouldn't allow pre-installed bloatware like this
>>
File: .jpg (70KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
70KB, 640x360px
>>59671238
They already have their own version :^) ahead of the game you know
>>
File: TheBotnet.jpg (63KB, 523x603px) Image search: [Google]
TheBotnet.jpg
63KB, 523x603px
>The telecom giant has partnered with Evie Launcher
...I use Evie launcher. Have I been the botnet this whole time?
>>
>>59671217
Lo and behold, the design is a copy-and-paste Apple knockoff.
>>
>custom ROM

Verizon can't install shit on me senpai
>>
Here we go again
>note 7s blow up
>BUT APPLE REMOVED THE JACK

>android gets built in spyware
>BUT APPLE HAS SIRI

Fags
>>
Wow, good thing I use T-Mobile and buy my phones directly from the phone manufacturer...
>>
>>59671238
your shitposting is so triggering, I can't even answer
>>
>>59671272
What's the apple version?
>>
>>59671272
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>59671238
Brah fuck your b8, Apple did this you using it
>>
OH MY GOD NO ITS BEING SOLD TO VERIZON INSTEAD OF GOOGLE

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE MULTINATIONAL SUPERCOMPANY
>>
>Android has system-wide spyware as standard

This is a surprise to me.
>>
>>59675121
Fucking this

Instead of stopping Google, Apple and Samsung from taking your fucking data in the first place now the ISP's are just playing catchup, the difference being people don't like ISP'S as a consumer brand so it's not okay ;_;

I'm playing the tiniest botnet trained violin
>>
Feels good to be on LineageOS.
>>
>>59671217
This is why you should use an iPhone.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.