[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only Edge and Safari make any kind of attempt at being performant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Only Edge and Safari make any kind of attempt at being performant at all. Everything else is slow as dicks. IE9 was fully hardware accelerated back in 2011 and yet no one has bothered to play catchup in anything other than meaningless synthetic javascript benchmarks which in reality is a tiny fraction of what slows browsers down.

And in todays privacy compromised internet, doing things the same way they were done in 2002 just isn't good enough. A truly modern browser should have built in cookie management, and not just allow any site to set cookies willy nilly. Tabbed browsers have destroyed the concept of a session the way it was in the old single window days that session cookies were designed for. With tabbed browsers session cookies carry across many sites for long periods of time. It's up to the browser to redefine what a session is. To implement proper cross domain and cross tab protection so that the cookies that are allowed cannot track the user easily.

It should also provide its own blocking functionality, it's no longer OK to rely on extensions for this essential privacy feature. Again, only IE9 attempted something like this and it was never replicated. I think it's because IE was the only browser that was selling Windows to the user, instead of The User to the corporations. And didn't need to cave to advertiser pressure. (Ever wonder why IE suffered so many smear campaigns?)

Caching locally and permanently the most common third party scripts and fonts is a great idea only implemented in a firefox extension. That is a cache that really should be standard to prevent a lot of snooping by those networks.

Pop-up blockers are also simply stuck in the early 2000's. They can't catch most of the modern on-click popups and scripted in-page popups. No attempt, even by extension makers, has been made to fix that.

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
File: tfw winning.png (361KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
tfw winning.png
361KB, 5000x5000px
on windows 7 i use ie half the time.
as for mac i am gonna start using safari more because chrome is buggy as fuck.
>>
Maybe something miraculous like Discord could happen to the browser 'market'? Then again with all the fishy financing I'm not sure if I would trust such a browser.
>>
Everything you said is already supported by major browsers.

You can disable all cookies in every major browser.
>>
>>59669493
which disables all website functions, useless function
>>
>>59669408
fuarrking discord maymay
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.