[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomorrow is mt first job tech related, i have to move computers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 68573-connect-computer-small.jpg (32KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
68573-connect-computer-small.jpg
32KB, 500x380px
Tomorrow is mt first job tech related, i have to move computers from diffrent offices and set them up again, i know it sounds easy but any tips or things i should be aware of?
>>
>>59668258
>>59668258
your job is really easy. don't lose it.
>>
>>59668265
Its a contract for the weekend im working on trying to get experience for a full time job.
>>
create a usb with all the essential repair tools, work on chord management.

moving computers doesn't seem like a full time gig, is that all you will be doing
>>
>>59668258
You're a furniture mover
>>
people might try to get you to do everything for them just because you're there. if they do, politely direct them to the proper channels.
>>
File: whathappens.png (441KB, 575x638px) Image search: [Google]
whathappens.png
441KB, 575x638px
in this type of work, you ability to get along with others and leave them with a generally positive impression is the most important thing.

the work is not difficult enough for you to prove much of anything skillwise.
>>
>>59668276
What tools would you recommend , im new to all of this, i just recently got mt comptia A+ and network+ so i wanna have a tool kit for when i have a real i.t job
>>
>>59668296
>>59668296
Alright ill try to be positve towards everyone thank you
>>
>>59668301
Nevermind you said it was just a weekend gig, I assumed you were the new maintenance guy. Don't even fucking turn on the computers that's extra work you aint gonna get paid for.
>>
>>59668278
Lmao i know.. but its still something its my first tech..ish related job.
>>
>>59668316
>>59668316
Lmao you right. But still i would like a toolkit just for future work. What tools would you programs would you recommend for troubleshooting if you know any?
>>
>>59668258
Try not to trip on cables.
>>
CCleaner should be enough
>>
>>59668258
stupid users
low bios battery
>>
>>59668341
go to bleepingcomputer and get the highest reated of each:
Cleaning software
malware/spyware removal
HDD management
Data recovery
pasword cracking tools

tails and old version of partedmagic are good too. Oh and a decent bootloader.
>>
>>59668409
Will do anon, thank alot.
>>
>>59668409
meant for>>59668329
oops
>>
>>59668258
write up a checklist. always consult your checklist
>>
>>59668329
EasyBoot
> Acronis True Image
> Linux distros (debian liveiso and #! in mine)
> Windows ISO (legit not patched or cracked)
> DBAN
> Norton Ghost

YUMI
> HBCD (the one with Mini Win7)
> KonBoot
> Linux distro (debian liveiso x86 in mine)

Two thumb drives preferable both 64gb. One in FAT32 and the other in NTFS. My EasyBoot is on the NTFS, my YUMI is on the FAT32. Always with me wherever I go. Attached them to my house keys.

Oh I have one like 512MB drive in my bag that has PortableApps with the browser and some basic shit on it.

t. L3 IT Support
>>
>>59668258
Not every Ethernet port is connected.
Sometimes USB ports don't work.
I had this gig twice a few years ago at my old work.
My boss was sleeping with the chick who ran the Helpdesk (we think) and was good friends (did coke) with the CIO. When that Helpdesk chick left the company she blamed us for everything that ever went wrong with their IT (projects we had no part in, etc). We lost the contact and that was the end of that.
>>
>>59668457
So keep track of every computer and go back to the list when finished. Got it, thank you
>>
>>59668258
good luck
>>
>>59668479
I gotta work on the drive, but i can get two 64gb flash drives . The fact that idk half of that shows that i got a long way to go. .
>>
>>59668479
ophcrack
>>
>>59668492
not just that, write down the process step by step so you dont miss one for random computer #4558837A-i and random computer #4558819A-t

i've had to fix so many crap from people complaining that X isnt working because you guys sometimes forget to check X.

if you do the job efficiently, the boss might offer you to be a permanent guy and train you on the job.
>>
>>59668491
I hope i dont run to crazy shit like that. But fuck that bitch.
>>
>>59668532
> 2017
> recommending ophcrack
> cracking windows password using fucktons of rainbow tables
KonBoot bypasses the need to even enter a password at boot, even if it's a domain user
>>
>>59668534
Alright , ill be sure to write down all my steps. Thanks anon i hope i dont run into those types of people, ill be sure to be careful.
>>
>>59668579
Thank you anon, ill be sure to download that
>>
>>59668319
don't jostle the towers to much, last thing you want is to get computer damage pinned on you.
>>
File: britgas.jpg (105KB, 659x900px) Image search: [Google]
britgas.jpg
105KB, 659x900px
>all these fags recommending a buffet of software for OP to bring

have you people even had a job before? there are likely established policies and OP will just be cookbooking a procedure.

No company in it's right mind would give someone (especially when its their first tech job) creative control over procedures on day one.

Sometimes I really try to convince myself that you all are a bun of 14 year old fuckwits, but threads like this make it hard.
>>
File: 1447426911350.jpg (67KB, 777x635px) Image search: [Google]
1447426911350.jpg
67KB, 777x635px
>>59668479
>HBCD (the one with Mini Win7)
I though HBCD stopped at MiniXP.
Where did you get that?

>>59668329
>Gandalf's Win8.1
>Puppy linux
>HBCD
>>
>>59668806
Oh anon.
My first tech job was admin of a remote branch of a huge company. Apparently previous admin kinda disappeared so on my first day I was given a locked up Vista machine not even in a domain. When I called my superior and explained the situation he just asked if I know how to crack windows passwords myself.
>>
>>59668258
They are heavier then they look, bring a dolly.
>>
>>59668806
read the thread, retard. We know the scope of OP's job, but he said he wanted the info for future prospects. KYS
>>
What are some tricks to make an excel or word file work without lag?
>>
>>59668996
Shut up faglord.
>>
>>59668872
https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=hbcd-15.2-restored-v1.1-dvd-proteus.iso

Have to look around a bit for the torrent. It's not widely/easily available coz M$ got hammer whammy on them.
>>
>>59669044
>loses argument
>calls victor a feglorde
Lol grow up
>>
>>59670174
This is not hiren's official release, is it?
>>
>>59668479
This sounds very dum but how do get working liveiso while other iso on the USB? Like having dban plus a Linux distro live?
>>
Try a hammer if the computer doesn't turn on when you plug it in again.
>>
>>59670174
Which one?
The FTP link?
>>
It's like a fuckung children's puzzle, if it doesn't fit, it goes in another place
>>
HBCD with full version programs (mini xp for older machines, mini win7 for post-2008)
combofix
malwarebytes
spybot
avg
avast
adwcleaner
ccleaner
>>
Best tip? Handle the computers nicely I.e. Don't break anything OP. Also work on cable management.
>>
File: 1485244677526.png (935KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485244677526.png
935KB, 1920x1080px
>>59668258
You should create a USB stick with utilities like:
>GPU-Z
>CPU-Z
>Speccy
>Aida64 or other benchmarks
>a drive cloning tool
One stick with Isos of Linux distros and windows so you are always prepared for the worst.
And lastly i would recommend buying a bunch of cheap sticks and make them into bootable
>windows
>Ubuntu (because best hardware support)
>memtest86(for troubleshooting)

This is about an hour of work, downloading stuff and the sticks should be less then 20 bucks together. If you are meant to replace computers, you will most certainly be meant to set them up and fix eventually occuring light errors.
>>
>>59670174
Where do I download it
>>
>>59668258
depending what country you are in
always check the power supplies especially if you are in a country where there are supplies with different voltages
i was in india once commissioning some equipment and plugged a machine set to one voltage into a supply with another voltage (which had been marked incorrectly) and combined with the general unreliability of the electricity supply it made a small but impressive explosion

also remember that office phone sockets and ethernet sockets look similar but are not interchangeable
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.