[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/ You guys hate this, but you are also smart as fuck. So

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1490946699058-86621507.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1490946699058-86621507.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hi /g/

You guys hate this, but you are also smart as fuck. So help a brother out.

My pc wont boot. The fans spin on but after 2 seconds it fails to boot and tries to repeat that pattern. Sometimes it will turn on after hours of that. And then it runs without fault, no freezes or crashes. I was persevering like that for a few months, just not turning it off. But i decided to fix it.

First off i suspected the power supply. Bought a new one. Still did the same. Then again i periodically removed compememts and tried to boot. The same with no graphics card, the same with no ram, the same with no harddrives and the same with no cpu. So naturally i suspected the mobo. Sent that to rma, but they recently got back to me it is working fine.

I am right in assuming it will atleast go to bios/uefi with no components in? The cpu is the only thing i cant test and i figured it did the same thing with no cpu so it isnt that.

So, any of you smart bitches have an idea what could be wrong?
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>59668199

Try plugging it into another power outlet

>i'm serious
>>
I guarantee a wire is loose/not properly plugged in to mobo. Go check and report back
>>
>>59668199
take a picture of your motherboard. i'm 100% sure you didnt connect something
>>
>>59668812
>>59668837
>>59668939
I have moved house since so it cant be the socket.

The pc has been working for about 18months so i doubt it was something not connected right. I did check both motherboard power supplies they were mounted right, and my gfx and sound card were seated.

I will check again its not something silly.

Cheers dudes
>>
>>59669025
>The pc has been working for about 18months so i doubt it was something not connected right

what the fuck, is this some new troll?
why are you posting a thread here if you dont even have any problem to be solved you dumb cunt?!
>>
>>59669025
it's most likely not a wire directly connected to the psu just check your mobo for improperly connected wires you dunce
>>
>>59669042
It was working, now it is broken. Calm down. Nothing changed then it stopped booting.

>>59669084
Did you not read the part when i swapped psus?
>>
>>59669135
did you not read the part where I said it's not the PSU
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.