[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I need an extremely sensitive screen that just does whatever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 13

File: galaxyedge.png (350KB, 833x870px) Image search: [Google]
galaxyedge.png
350KB, 833x870px
>I need an extremely sensitive screen that just does whatever it wants if you so much as stare at it the wrong way

>ayy i got u, family
>>
>>59663131
Galaxy s5 was the last good phone made by Samshit. I have one in my hand right now. Bought the s6 and it's total horse shit. Bad battery life, no SD slot, can't remove the battery, need a heat gun to service it, etc. The glue and glass assembly is the fucking worst. Drop it once and it's shattered. The s5 plastic feels cheap but you can drop it dozens of times and nothing happens. I also removed a few screws and replaced the charging port in about 20 minutes. It's a shame that Samsung went from making the ThinkPads of phones to making Facebook machines.
>>
>>59663270
thats funny i have an s6 and its great. recent updates seem to have improved battery life. i was planning on getting the s8 since my contract is almost up but i dont even need to cuz both phones are so similar despite the many improvements. ur just mad at the premium quality, common mistake
>>
>>59663270
>buying expensive mobile phones
>wanting to fuck with the hardware as an amateur
You did this to yourself. You don't buy a Ferrari and start trying to pimp it out, either.
>>
>>59663131
don't forget world's most delicate screen that takes 3 weeks to get repaired
>>
>>59663335
It's a luxury phone, not a toy. You don't complain about your expensive CPU frying if you don't overclock it correctly, do you? Respect your hardware.
>>
File: lgv10-w782.jpg (61KB, 782x587px) Image search: [Google]
lgv10-w782.jpg
61KB, 782x587px
Don't mind me. Just posting literal best phone.
>>
>>59663270
>the plastic feels cheap

It's actually more expensive and durable than Aluminum. It also doesn't heat or freeze the phone and doesn't fuck up with the antenna's signals.

Aluminum is used in soup cans. All those """""reviewers""""" (and by that I mean shills) talking about """""premium feel""""" can choke on a dick.
>>
>>59663315
If "premium quality" means I can't repair it without breaking it (stupid touch keys) and there's no removable battery and expandable storage, then yes.

>>59663330
If you haven't opened every computer you own to check out the internals and get a feel for how it's put together so you can fix it yourself then you don't belong here. Go to /v/.

>>59663373
I know. It only feels that way but it's really the best material for these devices. It also makes them lighter.
>>
>>59663410
>my desktop is a Ferrari
lmao. sorry bud, it isn't.

>but I have a $5000 gaming rig!
Congrats, you developed skill and experience. Now take your luxury phone to someone who has skill and experience with it or learn yourself. Stop complaining that "it's too hard to mess with!"
>>
File: lg-v20-black-28.jpg (432KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lg-v20-black-28.jpg
432KB, 1600x1200px
>>59663372
No so fast!
>>
>>59663443
>>my desktop is a Ferrari
>lmao. sorry bud, it isn't.
I never said this. I smell a butthurt samefag though >>59663330

>>but I have a $5000 gaming rig!
>Congrats, you developed skill and experience. Now take your luxury phone to someone who has skill and experience with it or learn yourself. Stop complaining that "it's too hard to mess with!"
I don't own a gayming rig at all. I own a couple of laptops and a mid range pre-built desktop that I use for work related stuff. I've been running my own computer repair shop for about 3 years and the Galaxy s6 and s7 phones are harder to fix than the new MacBooks. Telling me to stop complaining just makes you look like the kind of tech illiterate that walks into my shop every single day for a screen repair. Go back to /v/.
>>
>>59663640
>the person replying to me after I replied to them is the same person!
Damn detective, you caught me.

You are complaining. You are complaining that they make your job harder by being built better. Maybe you should go back to /v/.
>>
>>59663456
The V20 merely improves upon in subtle ways a phone that was already amazing. It's the V10 tht set the precedent though. Not a bad phone by any means of course. My buddy has the V20 after having played with my V10 and loving it.

No boot loops either.
>>
>>59663684
I was playing with my buddy's V10 and it literally got stuck in a boot loop.

Made me scared for buying a V10 a few days before
>>
>>59663714
buying a V20**
>>
>>59663714
That's unfortunate. LG admitted it was due to a bad batch. I bought my V10 when the V20 first got teased. $400 brand new off the shelf. So whatever kinks the V10 may have had at launch were fixed.
>>
>>59663372
>>59663456
Fucking plebs.
>>
>>59663837
t. Jealous Samsung with screen burn in owner.

I'm sure your curved edge screens are amazing.
>>
>>59663131
You turned on the increased sensitivity for gloves feature didn't you?
>>
>>59663869
Have you seen those phones from Korea? They have curved screens. CURVED. SCREENS.
>>
>>59663410
>If you haven't opened every computer you own to check out the internals and get a feel for how it's put together so you can fix it yourself then you don't belong here. Go to /v/.

Look at this badass tech ninja right here.
>>
>>59663456
>mediocre to subpar everything for that price point
>dac firmware bug
Sasuga LG.
If only there were other recent phones with a removable battery...
>>
>>59663946
Too bad he can't figure out how to work on a samsung galaxy kek
>>
>>59663986
V10 anon here. What DAC bug?
>>
>>59663989
God this place is getting worse. Someone has the ability to repair something they own and you make fun of them for it? How thick-headed do you have to be to think that making it harder to repair = better quality? So what if the quality goes up anyway? Now you have to buy a brand new phone instead of getting it fixed. Un-fucking-believable. It doesnt cost the company producing the phone shit to make them repairable. It's just corporate greed and you fell for it.
>>
>>59664071
>being this mad you can't figure out how to fix samsung galaxies
maybe a different profession would suit you: walmart?
>>
>>59664071
>y-you're just mocking me because I can fix computers, t-that must be it
>>
>>59663989

Because making your hardware more apple like is a pro?

If there was a way to sum up neo-/g/ in one post, this would be it.
>>
>>59663330
>You don't buy a Ferrari and start trying to pimp it out
lots of people mod ferraris
also, touch screen is a shitty technology
>>
>>59664146
>n-neo-/g/!
Not an argument. Neither is "like Apple". Apple has fine aesthetics and exterior craftsmanship. It's the interior that is decried. That's not the same with Galaxy's. They use Android not iOS and are powerful without being over-priced (at least compared to Apple).

>>59664149
>mod
Yeah, people who know how. It isn't something you just start doing.

Touch screen is great technology and I don't know why you would hate it. It's a lot better than those shitty nokia dials.
>>
>>59664223

>Not an argument

Says the guy defending Daddy Samsung "just because"?

These are some of the reasons (selling points) people have bought Galaxies including being able to remove batteries, SD, and having serviceable internals. Once your hardware becomes functionally similar to Apple what reasons do you now have to buy a Galaxy over Apple? Because it has Android? Theres mountains of phones that satisfy that requirement.

You could feign ignorance to this but that doesnt do you any favors. Polite sage for suspected shilling.
>>
File: nun-pepe.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nun-pepe.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>59663665
>by being built better
Except that's wrong. The 95% glass design sucks because it breaks so easily. Kinda funny how when the iPhone 5/5s/5c came out I had a lot less customers with broken back glass.
>>
>>59664364
>Says the guy defending Daddy Samsung "just because"?
Not an argument.

Get a phone that lets you remove the battery and service the internals with ease. The Galaxy is a luxury phone and is sold to a market that doesn't desire doing any of that.

>>59664381
>luxurious stuff breaks easily
Besides the exaggeration, my 4K TV breaks easily, too. That's why I keep it mounted on my wall. Buy a case for your phone if you want luxury and durability.
>>
>>59664396

Because the userbase changed so drastically between the S5 to the S7? Shit argument.
>>
File: 711chan_bus.jpg (49KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
711chan_bus.jpg
49KB, 750x600px
>>59664071
Leave the good goyim alone!

>>59664100
He's a different guy. It's pretty fucking hard to fix these things when you have zero documentation available outside of iFixit or whatever and everything is poorly soldered/glued. Also, the concept of standardized parts may as well be non-existent when talking about phones.

>>59664396
>luxurious stuff breaks easily
That's not a "luxury" item and you can't compare a phone to an expensive car. Every single poorfag streetshitter and their mom have a smartphone. You're just a retard with too much self-importance because of your $600 pocket fedora. Grow a brain.
>>
>>59664469
>That's not a "luxury" item and you can't compare a phone to an expensive car.
A 750 dollar phone is definitely a luxury item.

>Every single poorfag streetshitter and their mom have a smartphone.
Yeah, and they also have flat screens. People waste money on luxurious items.

>You're just a retard with too much self-importance because of your $600 pocket fedora
I have an S6. I don't need to the latest and greatest. In fact, I wish I had bought a S5 instead and saved some money.
>>
>>59664469
Stop replying to the retarded anti-consumer repair shop monkey
>>
>>59664525
Sorry I don't want to walk around with my battery constantly falling out and screws digging into my thighs.
>>
>>59664509

If youre conservative any smartphone is a luxury item. However $700 is about standard for any mainstream flagship phone.

>I wish I had bought a S5 instead and saved some money.

At least be honest and say you prefer it for its durability.
>>
File: HTC-One-M7-vs-One-M8-vs-One-M9-1.jpg (615KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
HTC-One-M7-vs-One-M8-vs-One-M9-1.jpg
615KB, 1200x675px
>>59663372
No. The best phone is the One M7 / One M8.
>>
Expensive phones are only luxury items to poor people.

I don't even use a case for my S7 Edge because I'm neither poor nor clumsy.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>59664509
>Yeah, and they also have flat screens. People waste money on luxurious items.
The curved edges are stupid. It makes the device easier to damage and harder to hold. It's also literally useless. Prove me wrong.

>I have an S6. I don't need to the latest and greatest. In fact, I wish I had bought a S5 instead and saved some money.
This whole thing is about buyers remorse on your part then. The s5 is the best Samsung phone.

>>59664577
The back has never fallen off my s5. If you're stupid enough to break or lose the backing, a new on is like $4 on Amazon.
>>
>>59664642
>The curved edges are stupid. It makes the device easier to damage and harder to hold. It's also literally useless. Prove me wrong.
It's aesthetic. Not realizing people enjoy that is autism.

>The back has never fallen off my s5. If you're stupid enough to break or lose the backing, a new on is like $4 on Amazon.
Same argument can be used against the durability of the screen. It isn't fragile.

>>59664586
You can get a smart phone for 100-200 bucks. You don't need a luxury brand. You don't need a Cadillac when there's a Pontiac.
>>
>>59664629
Check out some drop tests on youtube. You have to drop them from ridiculously high heights before they even crack
>>
>>59663315
Nah battery is poop.

Posted from a Galaxy S6
>>
>>59664680
>It's aesthetic. Not realizing people enjoy that is autism.
So you admit that it's a hand fedora? Lol.

>Same argument can be used against the durability of the screen. It isn't fragile.
The devices sitting on my desk say otherwise.
>>
>>59664935
>So you admit that it's a hand fedora? Lol.
Fedora argument doesn't work when it's something normies appreciate in masses. Hating aesthetics of phones is fedora, really.

>muh durability!
Autism. It's a phone not a tool.

>The devices sitting on my desk say otherwise.
And what was done to break those screen? My step dad once hit his phone with a hammer and it cracked. I wouldn't fault the Galaxy for not being durable enough to withstand a hammer blow.
>>
>>59664680

>You can get a smart phone for 100-200 bucks. You don't need a luxury brand. You don't need a Cadillac when there's a Pontiac.

Irrelevant

You still have neglected to reason why it was ok for the S5 to be feature complete but not the newer Galaxies.
>>
>>59665031
Define feature complete. I don't think a lot of people are missing detachable batteries and easy access to the guts.
>>
File: 9cf.png (26KB, 469x331px) Image search: [Google]
9cf.png
26KB, 469x331px
>>59664966
>Fedora argument doesn't work when it's something normies appreciate in masses. Hating aesthetics of phones is fedora, really.
You bought it as a toy. The fedora may may applies. There is literally no reason for you to have a phone other than to play candy crush and send bumhole pics to your boyfriend.

>Autism. It's a phone not a tool.
Some of us use them for calling, emails, maps, and news. It's not my fault you have no practical uses for your expensive toy.

>And what was done to break those screen? My step dad once hit his phone with a hammer and it cracked. I wouldn't fault the Galaxy for not being durable enough to withstand a hammer blow.
Do you mean to tell me that 5-10 people a week are breaking their phones with hammers? Someone should hit you with a hammer, you waste of oxygen.
>>
>>59665097
>There is literally no reason for you to have a phone other than to play candy crush and send bumhole pics to your boyfriend.
Underage b&.

>Some of us use them for calling, emails, maps, and news. It's not my fault you have no practical uses for your expensive toy.
You just said there was no other reason though.

>Do you mean to tell me that 5-10 people a week are breaking their phones with hammers? Someone should hit you with a hammer, you waste of oxygen.
>what are other reasons
You're not making yourself look good with these lame counter-arguments.
>>
File: pepe-hammer.jpg (32KB, 645x444px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-hammer.jpg
32KB, 645x444px
>>59665124
>Underage b&.
Looks like I've struck a nerve. Are you a rainbow paint and starbucks or a "traps aren't gay" kind of faggot?

>You're not making yourself look good with these lame counter-arguments.
I've already proven you wrong. I'm just finishing up by making fun of you because you're stupid and this is the internet.
>>
File: 1488780003688.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488780003688.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>59665206
>ad-hominems
Not an argument.
>>
File: REEEs happily.gif (92KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
REEEs happily.gif
92KB, 640x571px
>>59665233
There are no more arguments. You've lost because the s6 is objectively shit. Eat a bag of dicks, faggot.
>>
>>59665318
What does a bag of dicks look like?
>>
>>59663131
>touchwizz
>>
File: bag of dicks.jpg (50KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
bag of dicks.jpg
50KB, 400x392px
>>59665336
for you
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-30-23-16-43-1.jpg (145KB, 1440x503px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-30-23-16-43-1.jpg
145KB, 1440x503px
Note 4 = last good Samsung phone
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.