[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just picked up a S7. New to Androids, what should I be tweaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Just picked up a S7. New to Androids, what should I be tweaking in settings and what apps should I look into getting?
>>
>>59659796
why the fuck didnt you just wait for the s8?
>>
>>59659825
I ordered it a week ago and got it the day the S8 was announced. These are dark times.
>>
The first apps I install are

Lightning launcher- allows you to customize everything and anything

Tasker- automation. Anything you can do on your phone, your phone can do by itself.
>>
File: 1480051885286.gif (912KB, 240x176px) Image search: [Google]
1480051885286.gif
912KB, 240x176px
>>59659842
That's what happened to me, except the little weasel at the store didn't tell me anything about a new release and am getting charged 45 dollars to restock it
>>
>>59659825
Some people have jobs that require them to have a phone so waiting on the next Samsung grenade would be trivial and could possibly result in termination.
>>
>>59659825
>s8
>shitty edge screen that is more fragile and leads to accidental touches
>fingersprint scanner on back instead of homebutton-->total shit
>no home button = shit
>300 bucks extra
The s7 is literally goat, except for the speakers which are shittier than the S6 because of the water and dust proofing.
>>
>>59659882
what the fuck is a job?
>>
>>59660017
>except for the speakers
I thought it was just me. The speaker really does suck but I mostly use headphones anyways.
>>
>>59659825
Even the S3 is a decent phone to this day. No need to get the latest shit at all times. The only reason I have a S7 is because they couldn't replace my S5 anymore so they sent me an upgrade through the mail.
I really wanted that S5 too. Removable battery and all that.
>>
>>59660017
>>59660330
The speakers are shit because of waterproofing.
>>
>>59662437
>replying the speakers are shit because of waterproof to someone who said the speakers are shit because of waterproofing
>>
>>59659825
>buying any new release
It's like you hate money.

The best time to a buy a good phone is right after the price drops from a newer model being sold. The S6 is selling unlocked for $250. The S7 will sell for about that when the S8 drops.
>>
>>59659842
>>59659878
This is why you don't order a new android phone in Q1. Most newer models come out in Q2 and the older models get price drops, you probably would've been able to save a significant amount of money if you ordered the S7 after the S8's announcement/launch.
>>
>>59659796
Disable all Google services and install yalp store from fdroid. This will help preserve battery life and data usage.
Install NetGuard from fdroid (not GPlay). It's a neat firewall for non-rooted users. Make sure you prevent soke apps from connecting to internet, if you don't need it to it shouldn't go online. Also add one of the hosts files from here https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts to your NetGuard hosts, it will block all ads and malware domains.
Install Firefox and the uBlock Origin addon.
Install NewPipe or SkyTube as a YouTube App replacement. NewPipe can download videos and music while SkyTube has FHD and channel subscription. If you need both then use both. Unlike the YouTube app these don't have ads.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.