[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a GTX 1080 now to replace my R9 280x, or wait for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2000px-Question_Mark.svg.png (33KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Question_Mark.svg.png
33KB, 2000x1500px
Should I buy a GTX 1080 now to replace my R9 280x, or wait for volta/pascal refresh?
>>
No Pascal refresh, Nvidia is finished with rolling out Pascal

Might as well wait for Volta, will be interesting come GTC 2017 0n May 8

http://www.gputechconf.com/
>>
>>59654885
What makes you so sure there wont be any pascal refreshes? A lot of rumors seem to indicate otherwise.
>>
>>59654834
>nvidia
in the trash it goes
>>
>>59655548
I love poorfags like you.
>>
>>59655560
not an arguement
>>
>>59655588
But it is. You cant afford so you pull the "theyre shit" card out. Hey at least it makes a change from the "jew" card excuse
>>
>>59655613
Still not an argument
>>
>>59655613
lol nvidia fanfags are pathetic

>wait for fermi, it will btfo amd for sure
>wait for kepler, it will btfo amd for sure
>wait for maxwell, it will btfo amd for sure
>Just you wait and see, denver will be a x86 cpu NVIDIA WILL BTFO AMD AND INTEL JUST WAIT
>>
>>59655629
still a poorfag though
>>59655655
Nvidia dont use the term "wait for" thats trademarked by AMD
>>
>>59654834
vega
>>
>>59654834
Last time AMD took a year out to focus on the mid range the card that followed (7970) blew everybody's minds and was better than 2 nVidia gens of cards (580 and 680). Now that they've only been selling mid range cards for a year, history might just repeat itself. What am I trying to say with all this? Simple.

WAIT FOR VEGA.
>>
280x can pretty much still run everything dude
>>
>>59654834
dont ever get xxxx80 cards xxxx80ti versions get a lot better support in the future
>>
>>59656099
Depends on what settings and what resolutions you are using.
>>
>>59656009
>im to new to remeber wait for X nvidia meme architecture

fresh off of reddit i see
>>
>>59656349
The last time that shitty meme was used was back when Fermi was a thing.

Nobody says wait for X from NVIDIA anymore ever since we found out that the 300 series was a rebrand of the 200 series.

Nobody needs to wait for anything from NVIDIA. The only people who wait for anything are AMDfags, and the only time waiting was somewhat worth it was when Ryzen came out.

NVIDIA blows AMD out of the water.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.