[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got an interview in a couple days for a data analyst position

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1472565046028.png (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1472565046028.png
32KB, 657x527px
So I got an interview in a couple days for a data analyst position in a surplus line firm. My buddy who already works there is telling me that the interviewers are going to ask me "Why our company" and "Why are you seeking this position".
Imho, I really don't know how to approach this question. How would /g/ approach this?
>>
go to their fucking website
go to their "about us" page
read all the fucking buzzwords
in the interview, pretend like those buzzwords appeal to you on a deep emotional level

also if your buddy is already working there, be sure to mention that in the interview, something like "I also have a friend who works here, and he says it's great!"
>>
>>59650848
just say "cash" and then stare at them in silence
>>
File: 1450765258689.jpg (33KB, 435x272px) Image search: [Google]
1450765258689.jpg
33KB, 435x272px
>>59650876
you the real mvp
>>
>>59650876
Fucking this, read up on the company then feed them some bullshit about the opportunity with this company matching your career path and how you want to progress with the company
>>
>>59650889
no problem, maybe one day I'll get a fucking job too
>>
Mention the size of interviewer's body
>>
>>59650877
you know, as a "fun fact" I was going to just stay quiet at the end and say "I'm very comfortable with silence"
>>
File: delinquent.jpg (236KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
delinquent.jpg
236KB, 850x1201px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbTHFJf6FE
>>
Is this your first interview? That's the two questions you can expect from anyone.
>>
File: 1474009166056.png (13KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
1474009166056.png
13KB, 640x469px
>>59650937
yes
>>
Anyone have any tips for interviewing in front of a VP of the company they worked at?
>>
>>59651221
Shit your pants
>>
>>59651221
Ask them questions. Why did they do what they did, or why did they decide to make some important decision. Tie an experience you've had into what they've done, or what they want to do.

The anon who said to read the website is correct. Make it seem like what they're doing is what you want to do, hell, what you've been leading up to. Don't flatter, but try to portray yourself as honest,
>>
>>59650848
bribe them with frog pics
>>
>>59650848
>"Why our company" and "Why are you seeking this position".
When I put an ad for a job, I get a lot of people who are "CV spammers". These people will tick all the job ads they see, and fire as many emails as they can. Their goal is not to find a job that is suitable to their skills; they would take anything, even if they are not fit for it!

These questions are asked because the interviewers want to know whether you did your research, and if you know what you are getting into.
>>
>>59651461
I've read this somewhere too. If I were the recruiter/interviewer and got a hint of this, I would try my best to fuck them over.
>>
>>59651663
>I would try my best to screw them over.
Why? A simple "thanks, but we cannot proceed any further with your application" is fine.
>>
why are they even asking such retarded questions?

Its not like they are doing some kind of fucking blowjob for me.

Its simple deal. I spend my personal time working on their project and they pay me money.

Fucking retards with retarded question.
>Where do you see yourself in 5 years
lel

I see my self on fucking hawaii with tyrone, my wife and her kid
>>
>>59651461
I'm not going to read about your shitty company when I don't even know if you will hire me. Just call me for an interview you cunt.
>>
>>59651741
>why are they even asking such retarded questions?
because they're HR drones who know nothing about the jobs being advertised because they're useless women or nu-males, so they have to ask something in the interview process to justify why they exist in the company.
>>
>>59651741
>b-but they don't really want to know where I see myself why do they ask me???
It's a meta-test to find out autistic spergs like you who can't even pretend to be normal. Autists can't into meta-level, always try to extract meaning from the question itself and not from the social context it is embedded in.
>>
>>59650894
>>59650876
It's also important to mention how you are a good new addition to their team and what you can do to help them and what you can offer them. They mostly care about what they want and if you manage to sell them that you are what they want then you'll be golden.
>>
>>59650933
real human bean
>>
>>59650876
Perfect
>>
>>59651788
Job seekers, take note. This is the exact sort of person no one wants to hire.

>I do not want to know anything about your company
>...but give me a job anyway
>>
>>59650848
What country are you in, OP?
>>
>>59650889
Plebbit
>>
>>59650876
goddamn I hate normies so much
>>
>place resume into a base
>get a call
>"Why did you pick our company?"
Hello, you called me yourself?
>>
I had an interview yesterday for a graduate administrator role. They told me I had to do 20 minutes of SQL exercises.

When i read the paper they were questions copied literally from this site:https://www.toptal.com/sql/interview-questions

The first result when you google "SQL interview questions".

This was a government position as well.
>>
>>59653451

>create profile on xing/linked in
>get call for a job
>same question comes up
>"You picked me, not the other way around"
>10 seconds silence, HR cunt obviously flustered
>didnt get the job

totally worth it
>>
>>59653460
>government position
Should've started with that.
>>
>>59651741
>Where do you see yourself in 5 years
>This question was asked to me 5 years ago.
>Company was closed and everything sold out 2 years ago.
>>
Op that question is retarded and means nothing.

Last time I got asked that, I just said it was because I was told that I could run Linux on my work laptop.

Just don't suck and they'll bend over backwards to get you.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.