[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not just run a VPN on your own server (let's say an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1439933027726.png (400KB, 480x639px) Image search: [Google]
1439933027726.png
400KB, 480x639px
Why not just run a VPN on your own server (let's say an EC2 instance)?

No logs, no shady companies who have access to your traffic, your info isn't associated with a bunch of malcontents who like privacy.

What am I missing?
>>
All connections from your computer to the VPS is still logged and with you being the only user you're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>59647681
Bash script to delete logs, encrypt with luks.

Only problem is if you want to change locations you're limited to your properties or vps.
>>
>>59647541
amazon still knows what you did
>>
>>59647764
I don't think you understand what >>59647681 is saying....

SomeISPlog: x.x.x.x -> EC2
OtherISPLog: EC2 -> 4chanz

"Well we buy all the data anyway-- let's see what connections we can make in the database:
Oh looks like whoever owned EC2 was connecting to google. Who could that be? Oh only 1 IP has connected. Couldn't be anon could it?"

The idea of a VPN is that it's fucking shared with like 20k other people and obfuscates you behind a single IP.

Connecting from your home to your own EC2 is literally strictly worse than using a public proxy.
>>
who is this mattress actress
>>
>>59647818

The point was that the ISPs can sell your connection data now to the highest bidder.

An EC2 account is perfect for a VPN looking to defeat that. The government may get a warrant for the EC2 logs, but the commercial ISP can go pound sand.
>>
>>59647837
>SomeISPlog: x.x.x.x -> EC2
>OtherISPLog: EC2 -> 4chanz

that's what i was missing
>>
>>59647904
amazon can use your exiting vpn traffic just like your ISP and sell it to third parties

they might not know that it's you, the owner of the instance, that is making the traffic but it's still there and they can do whatever they want with that information
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.