[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>our freedumbs and privacy literally just died Hope you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3439.png (43KB, 602x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3439.png
43KB, 602x500px
>our freedumbs and privacy literally just died

Hope you secured yourself with Linux within the last 2 years /g/
>>
>>59640597

what? wtf happened?
>>
>>59640872
People who forgot about the snowden leaks found something else to forget in 2 weeks
>>
>>59640597
*GNU/Linux
*Gentoo GNU/LInux
>>
>>59640872
Anons think the bill making it legal to sell internet history and etc is a big deal when it's already been done.

It's like pot getting legalized, the pot smokers were already smoking so it didn't change much for them.
>>
>>59640921

lulz
>>
>>59640921
Even it it would be a big deal, your choice of OS wouldn't change anything about it.
>>
>>59640921
>ing it legal to sell internet history and etc is a big deal when it's already been done.

This becomes legal, the question is what next?
>>
Seeing a lot of this in all threads about it.
ISP's shilled hard during the net-neutrality debate

10. Associate opponent charges with old news. A derivative of the straw man -- usually, in any large-scale matter of high visibility, someone will make charges early on which can be or were already easily dealt with - a kind of investment for the future should the matter not be so easily contained.) Where it can be foreseen, have your own side raise a straw man issue and have it dealt with early on as part of the initial contingency plans. Subsequent charges, regardless of validity or new ground uncovered, can usually then be associated with the original charge and dismissed as simply being a rehash without need to address current issues -- so much the better where the opponent is or was involved with the original source.

12. Enigmas have no solution. Drawing upon the overall umbrella of events surrounding the crime and the multitude of players and events, paint the entire affair as too complex to solve. This causes those otherwise following the matter to begin to lose interest more quickly without having to address the actual issues.

14. Demand complete solutions. Avoid the issues by requiring opponents to solve the crime at hand completely, a ploy which works best with issues qualifying for rule 10.
>>
>>59640984
GNU not spying on their users.
>>
>>59641117
>slippery slope
You should turn that investigation inward and ask yourself what shameful habits you're engaging in that cause you to compartmentalize your behavior and unnecessarily fret about privacy
>>
Speaking of privacy, is there such a thing as a more "secure" chat service?

Discord won't even let me delete my own history. At this point I'm sure there's nothing that's really "safe" but I'd be content with a lesser evil.
>>
>59641177
>shameful habits
Like questioning Israels behavior?

18. Emotionalize, Antagonize, and Goad Opponents. If you can't do anything else, chide and taunt your opponents and draw them into emotional responses which will tend to make them look foolish and overly motivated, and generally render their material somewhat less coherent. Not only will you avoid discussing the issues in the first instance, but even if their emotional response addresses the issue, you can further avoid the issues by then focusing on how 'sensitive they are to criticism.'
>>
>>59641183
IRC isn't exactly a service, but it can be very secure (you could even run your own network) and in most use scenarios, should be much better than any completely centralized thing.
>>
>>59641183
Use letter bomb. If they open it, you will know it.
>>
>>59641177

>>59641183
Of course, Orbit:
https://orbit.chat/
It's not secure yet, but will be.
>>
pot still illegal over here

t. third worlder
>>
>>59641347
Just learn syrian dialect. Next to nobody can understand it even at FBI.
>>
>>59641177
It's doesn't matter what I do. Privacy - is basic human right, and should be respected by goverment.
>>
>>59641366
governments don't respect shit, kid

hide, run and live in fear to not get caught living your life, it's our only option
>>
>>59641387

But you will be comfortable with mic in your ass don't you?
>>
>>59641416
mic in my ass my ass
>>
>>59640597
I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to hacking and networking but is it possible somebody could target the congress and senate and somehow retrieve their internet history from the ISPs that store it? Then publish it online?

Thats the best solution IMO
>>
File: c1962495.png (19KB, 732x200px) Image search: [Google]
c1962495.png
19KB, 732x200px
>>59640597
Your blobs are unsecure.
Not using Parabola GNU/Linux-libre.
>>
>>59640597
Is /g/ affriad that their isp will sell their data to a marketing firm who will leak things that they search on their fb page or something? Marketing firms will use it to black mail people?
I thought people here used linux/vpns because they already knew they had no privacy.
>>
>>59641616
What's to prevent them from giving your entire browsing history to the government without a warrent?
What if AIPAC wants to compile a list of outspoken anons or BDS supporters to target.
What if the government wants to hide something that's been published, so targets everyone that read about it?

This is dangerous to freedom.

Sure, they'll get into your computer if they want, and there's nothing you can really do about it, but that's different from legal mass collection.
>>
>>59640921
legalizing pot changed a hell of lot. Poor analogy. The criminal element was reduced and you can choose particular strains. Some strains stone you out and others don't so much. Also the product is less likely to be laced with something. Also people with the skills to grow are not sent to prison/fined etc. for a victimless crime.

That said...

It's harder to fight something in court that's legal. This should go without saying. Theft still happens even though it's illegal.

Https and encryption is going to mature more.
>>
>>59641856
I thought that wast he point of a vpn. Even if the government said they were protecting my privacy I'd still use one.
>>
>>59640597
Truly land of the free. Meanwhile in the EU companies can't even use cookies without users' consent. I never understood why you americans are so adamant with your freedom to fuck over other people.
>>
>>59642708
Maybe they invade not for oil to to steal the oppression so they can implement it back home?
>>
>>59641366
Should've spoken up during Obama kid.
>>
>>59640872
linux using neckbeared pedos think their pizza stashes are safe because their ISP can't give away their data since they are using linux
>>
>>59644264
>their ISP can't give away their data since they are using linux
Why would they think this?
>>
>>59644312
because they are mentally stunted despite being smart since they use linux
>>
>>59644370
So literally no reason?
>>
File: LINUS ABOUT GNU+LINUX.jpg (337KB, 806x938px) Image search: [Google]
LINUS ABOUT GNU+LINUX.jpg
337KB, 806x938px
>>59640906
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.