[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the future you choose. It's /g/'s fault that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 14

File: Future.jpg (630KB, 2401x1610px) Image search: [Google]
Future.jpg
630KB, 2401x1610px
This is the future you choose. It's /g/'s fault that humans don't work anymore.
>>
File: 1490541342964.png (7KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1490541342964.png
7KB, 112x112px
>>59639639
Hm...
Living in utopia where robots work for you and you just fixing them or improving software its using is horrible?
Really makes you think.
>>
Don't fall for memes, OP. These corporations would replace their human staff with robots if it was even 1c cheaper over a decade.
>>
>not having to sell ur time to a company to be able to live
>a bad thing
>>
>elon said this
>elon said that
why won't this nigger shut up already, fucking narcissistic tax leech and fucking mercenary press
>>
>>59640173
What makes you think you'll be kept alive?
>>
>>59639639
>It's /g/'s fault that humans don't work anymore.
It would be /g/'s fault if everyone was busy ricing their gentoo, but that's not the case here
>>
>>59639639
Good, the subhuman niggers demanding $15 an hour literally understand nothing about the world and just see the higher number. They don't realize that no one wants to pay some legally retarded nigger $15 an hour to act snarky and spit in people's food. A huge chunk people in this country aren't even worth $8 an hour, they need to be working for literal pennies.
>>
>>59640202
>fucking narcissistic tax leech
aw baby jewouz he got his social security application rejected
>>
File: Russian_President__3535254b.jpg (41KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Russian_President__3535254b.jpg
41KB, 620x387px
>>59640279
t. neet who lives in his momma's basement
>>
File: 1443618960713.jpg (155KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
1443618960713.jpg
155KB, 500x335px
I, for one, welcome our robot overlords. Just another step in the evolutionary timeline. I can't wait to watch the weakest links die off for the betterment of our species as a whole. They should be thanked for their patronage as they starve to death because they no longer provide anything of use to society.
>>
File: nightcrawler.jpg (4KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
nightcrawler.jpg
4KB, 217x250px
Is Elon Musk false propeth in other words Satan we where waiting for end times to begin?
>>
now we just need true communism and things are set
>>
>>59640150
>These corporations would replace their human staff with robots if it was even 1c cheaper over a decade.
In this situation they'd care more about upfront costs
>>
>>59640279
as far as i can remember it was in new york, and unfortunately large cities require a higher level of pay to be livable.

I mean, sure, they could probably suck it up and move to the sticks where its cheaper if they can't afford to live in a big city.
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (78KB, 970x771px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
78KB, 970x771px
>REEEE FILTHY PLEBS, IF THERE'S NO MORE JOBS FOR YOU, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE. JUST DIE MUH MONEY
>>
>>59639639
>companies lay off most of their staff and replace them with bots
>most people are unemployable and cannot earn income
>they cannot afford to purchase anything their companies make
>companies go out of business or run to third world countries where people still have money

How does this not destroy the economy?
>>
Because the threshing machine was bad too. That thing took a LOT of jobs that were never recovered.
>>
Wagecucks on suicide watch.
>>
>>59640994
In the really long run yes, robots present a treat to our economic system, but in the short run, robots represent a cut of costs while maintaining the same or higher production with the same profit margin. This is what make a company stock grow higher in a short period of time. Rapid stock valuation create high short time profits which is all what Wall Street cares.

And if a nigger says Universal Basic Income will solve everything he should be hanged in the nearest tree. Because consumption is not the root of our economic system's problems.
>>
We had the CEO of a large automation components distributor come to my college for a presentation on his company. He claimed that manufacturers are being forced to automate processes because they couldn't find people to do the work that robots are now doing. What does /g/ think about this?
>>
>>59640150
automation is imminent. don't try to fight it. find a useful skill and come out on top.
>>
>>59640691
welcome year zero
>>
>>59641636
>they couldn't find people
you mean they couldn't find people willing to accept the shit pay
>>
File: 1482369457750.jpg (46KB, 908x483px) Image search: [Google]
1482369457750.jpg
46KB, 908x483px
>>59640279
t. Porky.
>>
>>59640994
>>59641451
Is economy the biggest meme ever?

It has no basis on reality, completely man-made artificial scarcity, when these bots come you won't need to pay for anything especially food harvesting which is highly mechanized, you simply would start having 1 hour shifts instead of 8-12.
>>
>>59640994
Adapt or get left behind
People will learn an employable skill or die out
>>
>>59641787
basically this

economics is for chumps
>>
The self-service machines are great, though.
Takes 10 seconds to order instead of having to wait for 10 retards that don't know what they want.

Regardless, McDonalds is shit.
>>
>>59641712
Thanks Bush and Obama
>>
>>59641787
People tend to think economics is an exact science, but in reality is more of a social science and because of that it has the same vices, look at every economics papers it will reference or say something that the author or someone else said with no proof and no argumentation whatsoever.
>>
FALC soon
>>
File: 1475227010377.jpg (177KB, 749x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475227010377.jpg
177KB, 749x768px
>>59643193
>he thinks we're ever leaving neoliberal hell
when the last man on earth breathes his last breath, choked to death by the Venusian atmosphere porky left behind, he will awaken to discover the little red devil in a Hugo Boss suit inviting him back to the office.
>>
>>59640279
this is closer to the truth than most anons would like to admit

people are quite useless and usually they are resistant to improvement. there's no reason they couldn't be replaced with foreigners happy to work for half or one quarter of the wage.
>>
>>59641697
this.
>>
>>59640855
The upfront costs would be covered by firing all the HR staff and no longer needing to pay for benefits.
>>
>>59640216
Killing shitskins is racist
>>
File: 1450297260101.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450297260101.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I'll be dead long before this is relevant.

We have another good thirty years of comedic, dumb and clumsy robots to get through.

Oh your kids? Yeah they're fucked. You're good, though.
>>
>>59643290
>People living in 3rd-world squalor would work for literal peanuts so everyone should be forced into poverty wages.

This is the dumbest argument I've ever heard.
Even retards have a basic right to live if they're able to do a job. Paying people enough money to survive is just common fucking sense, thanks for proving that unfortunately common sense still isn't common enough in this world.
>>
Now the Synthesis ending in Mass Effect 3 makes Sense
>>
>>59643423
That's nice because I will finally be able to execute my revenge for "just get a job" baby boomers.
>>
>>59640009
idiots can't into robots or software.
thus they will bitch and moan for free money from those who actually can work.
>>
>>59639639

This is what our species has been working toward for centuries, or really since the thought of an ever-compliant "daemon" slaving away for you became popular.

What? Do you want to work the rest of your life? Do you believe the human legacy to existence is nothing more than a massive pile of W2s after we've all drowned in our own feces?

>that will happen anyway, and we'll all be sitting on our couch we got from goodwill in our commie-block apartments when it happens

Moreover, do you really like dealing with asshole cashiers?

I've been using the self-checkout lines wherever they've been installed, and haven't looked back.
>>
>>59643582
honestly wish they'd just slaughter the people who think they'd be rendering most of humanity obsolete.

watching smug people get hoist by their own petard is my only source of joy.
>>
>>59639639
kick out illegals and this fixes itself.
>>
>>59643610
The issue is that the political impetus for UBI simply isn't there.

The UK has had more unemployed people than jobs for a long time (even in the optimistic comparison that ignores skill differences), yet the political narrative is to pretend the unemployed are universally lazy scroungers and that there are plenty of jobs available. That's before you factor in the strong efforts to throw the disabled into the workforce too, and mass immigration.

This is going to remain the case for a long time, and in that time period a good number of people are going to be fucked. You aren't going to wind up with a robot waiting on you hand and foot, you're going to wind up having a robot policeman throw you out of the shop doorway you were sleeping in.
>>
File: 1490712750779-1.jpg (252KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490712750779-1.jpg
252KB, 544x960px
>>59639639
Why didn't you listen /g/?
>>
>>59643668

IIRC, during WWI (or before) our government had promised some sort of pension or employment program for all the displaced soldiers. After it "ended", those promises never materialized and thousands starved.

Unfortunately, UBI sets the stage for the financial and intellectual independence of the individual - without the daily routine of foregoing their personal ambitions to provide a meager service in exchange for satisfying their basic needs, they have plenty of time to contemplate the absurdity of their existence.

Why they do not have the decency to at least suggest implementing voluntary euthenasia confuses me - at least we could solve unemployment, overpopulation in some areas, and the growing organ shortage in very short time.
>>
>>59643800
just because you hate your life doesn't mean that applies to everyone
>>
>>59643946

Is it possible to not hate one's life?

I thought I experienced joy once, but it turns out I was drinking spiked lemonade.
>>
File: 1490208575547.png (37KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1490208575547.png
37KB, 658x662px
>>59640279
>raise the minimum wage across the board
>be surprised when everything costs more and value of the dollar goes down the toilet
>>
>>59641636
The average Mexican is going to jump off the wall once large-scale farming automation (like they do in Australia) takes hold
>>
Sounds good to me. My job could be fully automated, and I'd gladly leech off welfare/unemployment for as long as possible.
>>
>>59644122
Except everywhere that has raised the minimum wage so far has seen an improved economy.
>>
>>59644340
That's because those places actually have functioning economies to begin with.
>>
>>59639639
The economic is obsolete. Just like everything in technology.
>>
>>59643473
>Paying people enough money to survive is just common fucking sense

Also, robots don't buy things.
Every worker eliminated or reduced to poverty level is also one less consumer who can actually afford to buy something. so the economy becomes more and more driven by debt.

Of course it's nothing new, this has all been going on forever, with automation as a factor replacing jobs for over 100 years.
It's more dramatic now due to globalization, where you have to compete with everyone in the world's skills and more often, ability to work for lower pay levels as well as the automation.
Another major factor is that today's computer technology doesn't need a very big workforce'
A massive chunk of the economy now is generated by large buildings filled with hundreds of servers and a handful of people farting around hoping nothing breaks.
Today's intangible goods are more intangible than ever.

Google makes about 60 billion dollars a year and they have around 60 thousand employees worldwide.

A company like Ford Motor Company makes just under 2 billion dollars a year and still has about 200,000 employees even after mass automation.
>>
>>59644656
google is an advertising company
advertising is a service, not an intangible good
>>
>>59646214
Google is a facilitator of advertising companies, which advertise their products through its services (e.g. GMail, Google+, YouTube, Google Play, Google Maps). It also sells goods both tangible and intangible (Android OS, ChromeOS, OnHub, Pixel & Nexus Phones and Tablets, and their work in developing fields, like Self-Driving automobiles).
>>
Shit, I didn't know process automation was triggered solely as a reaction to rising the minimum wage

Since when does forbes use clickbait?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.