[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.kitguru.net/components/c pu/matthew-wilson/skylak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cpu/matthew-wilson/skylake-x-and-kaby-lake-x-named-in-aida-64-update-first-benchmark-leaks/

That comment at the end of the article got me thinking, it is possible Intel intends to gradually move the K series away from the mainstream range. I see no differences between the 7700k and 7740k, other than the 100mhz jump in base clock, and the obvious socket change. There's no discernible change that would require a new socket, even the dual channel stays, not moving to quad, so this looks more like a market shift than anything else.

Thoughts?
>>
>>59634964
I think it's a placeholder for future upgrades.

>I really want the X chipsets
>but the CPUs are currently too expensive
>I'll buy this 4 core in the meanwhile until I get money for a 10 core etc

That's how I think it is.
>>
>>59635028

>I really want the x chipset

Tbh I think Intel is playing a dangerous game.With rumored 12-16 core chipsets from AMD at the price of 8-10 core Intel CPUs, anyone who needs an X chipset will simply buy 12-16 AMD cpus.

I wonder how things play out. Thank god for the competition again, I think I can now build an 12 core station with price of 10 core Intel CPU alone...
>>
>>59635232
If Skylake X is only 12 cores then the platform is already dead on arrival, especially if the 3.6 base clock for that 16 core AMD one ends up true.
>>
>>59634964
>I see no differences between the 7700k and 7740k, other than the 100mhz jump in base clock, and the obvious socket change

They also ripped the iGPU out and somehow added 21W to the TDP in the process. Apparently their response to Ryzen is to go full Jew and bank on their stupid fans to lap it up.
>>
>>59635028

Not really convinced on that, I mean why are the 2 immediate releases near exact copies of the 7600k and 7700k, but on a different platform, and have them cannibalize each other?
I can see reasons for a shift. For one, it renders the Z chipsets unnecessary, it's one less series to develop and produce. Also, considering the blow Ryzen dealt in the current HEDT range, these make the platform viable once again regarding less threaded scenarios.
>>
>>59635028
>I'll buy this 4 core in the meanwhile until I get money for a 10 core etc
But that's just retarded.

Especially considering x299 is gonna be on $300+ motherboards only
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.