[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many servers would have to be blowed up for their to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1441803048457.jpg (78KB, 771x547px) Image search: [Google]
1441803048457.jpg
78KB, 771x547px
How many servers would have to be blowed up for their to be no more internet?
>>
>>59633565

Just shut down the DNS Master Authority Server at CERN and most people won't be able to get online.

This is absolutely accurate and no further research needs to be done. I look forward to reading your novella about a renegade who takes down the internet.
>>
>ddos facebook
>ddos google
>ddos twitter
>normies will think the internet is dead
>>
>>59633565
just launch a nuke anywhere, you'll start ww3 and the very first thing that gets damaged are the underwater backbone cables, no more internet.
>>
>>59633565
about three fiddy
>>
>>59633654

>the very first thing that gets damaged are cables in deep water

ok anon ... i think you have no idea what WW3, War and nuclear attacks actually mean
>>
>>59633584
>DNS Master Authority Server

Is that a real thing? I have no idea how DNS works desu
>>
it would be easier to deprive the us(or a large portion of) of electricitiy than just internet

can someone prove me wrong?

I recently read that there's a few power lines carrying a majority of the US power supply.

Somewhere in the flyover states. Say you fucked those, then you fucked whatever mainlines are on the west and east coasts.

Three points of failure to disable the entire US. And i'm pretty sure it's real
>>
>>59633654
You would have to damage ALL of the cables for that to work.

>>59633565
Routers run the internet, not servers.
>>
>>59633654
those are optical cables you CIA nigger, there is no electricity passing through them.
>>
>>59633708
There are like 15 root servers and most of them are geographically dispersed throughout the world

And even if you blew up hundreds of root servers people could still browse the Internet via IP address
>>
>>59633777
pretty sure some fuckface by the name of Maxwell proved those are the same thing
>>
>>59633878

>I'm going to be unbelievably pedantic to win an internet argument.
>>
>>59633584
>won't be able to get online.
won't be able to resove DNS names, you mean
for the common person this will mean "internet ain't werking", but DNS is more of a convinience than a critical function of the internet
>>
>>59633945

They probably would still be able to get online because everyone's ISPs would notice this shit the moment it happened and they'd just fail over to cached entries. So nobody would really lose any internet access but sites might not be able to change their A records until everyone agreed how to move forward from all the root servers being destroyed
>>
>>59633968
yea, realistically, something like that would happen, at least initially

there also exist some non-root-server DNS options already, such as OpenNIC
>>
all of them
>>
>>59633584
>DNS Master Authority Server
?
There is no such thing as a master authority server.

In case you were talking about root name servers:
You would need to break a lot of root name servers to kill the internet. Although breaking 1 is probably enough to cause a lot of disruption.
Keep in mind that most root name servers aren't just 1 server, but are distributed across the globe.
>>
>>59633565
As long as you have two home PCs connected between them, you have what is defined as "internet".
>>
>>59633913
>I'm going to ignore that's how things have always been done
>>
>>59633945
>DNS is more of a convinience than a critical function of the internet
t. someone who has never been responsible for an online system
>>
File: d3ezrzfyprxx.png (3MB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
d3ezrzfyprxx.png
3MB, 1600x1067px
>>59633713
It's so blatantly obvious you are young. Google any major power outage in the past 10 years and educate yourself instead of posting uninformed conjectures. Hint: start with northeast power outage in 2003.
>>
>>59633565
few thousands

Just blow up all DNS
>>
>>59633584
So that's the master botnet controller
>>
>>59633713
>I read this buzzfeed article one time that said trump is actually a lizurdman here to destroy humanity
>>
File: 1435613166906.jpg (13KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1435613166906.jpg
13KB, 222x216px
>>59633565
Train sharks to chew through the underwater cable lines
>>
File: 1461298587205.jpg (106KB, 574x500px) Image search: [Google]
1461298587205.jpg
106KB, 574x500px
>>59633565
All of them.
>>
4chan
>>
What do waiting staff at a restaurant have to do with the structure of the internet?
>>
>>59640952
how else do you think websites are served to your browser? fucking magic?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.