[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programmer thread. I finally decided that i want my career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: pc.png (61KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
61KB, 800x800px
Programmer thread.

I finally decided that i want my career to be one within the computer programming industry.

What is the best subsection of programming to go into, web development, applications etc.

What are the best languages to learn for this.
>>
> I finally decided that i want my career to be one within the computer programming industry.

Why?

Do you just want to make bank, or is there something that interests you?
>>
>>59632242
Obviously money, since he doesn't know what he wants to learn.
>>
>>59632211
Java and C++
>>
>>59632211
finance

the oil companies are always looking for software
>>
>>59632211
Sorry for your life. But music and dance industry have better prospects than computer industry since it is full of cheap pajeets. Wait till you acquire John Carmack level of skills just to find out that Booze Allen Hamilton picked 3 pajeets instead of paying you huge salary.
>>
Is this a good board to discuss coding stuff like Java? I am stuck trying to get an array to work with images. basically you click an image and it stores the name of said image into an array and makes a list of what you clicked but .onclick isnt working for me or I am just retarded.
>>
>>59632211
don't start. it's hell.
>>
File: 1483081228463.jpg (29KB, 329x255px) Image search: [Google]
1483081228463.jpg
29KB, 329x255px
>>59632211
>I finally decided that i want my career to be one within the computer programming industry.
you're an idiot. that's the worst job of all time.

http://www.stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

you'll literally be a fucking code monkey
>>
>>59632544
>Is this a good board to discuss coding stuff like Java?
For every good response you get, you'll get ten others telling you why Java sucks.
>>
>>59632620

interesting, is java even worth learning?
>>
>>59632211
You really can't go wrong with javascript or c#, those 2 are gaining so much ground lately. Js is really good for starters all you need is a text editor like atom and a browser, no need to bother with packages and imports and fucking boring stuff, just go and write code and see results.
C# is growing quickly and with xamarin forms you can make apps for mac and ios and android too so it's a good time to be a c# dev

If you want to take a risk for potentially HUGE profit, you can look into dart, it's theorized it will explode and not many people know it so the few who do are gonna be filthy rich
>>
File: 1484208482690.jpg (58KB, 623x623px) Image search: [Google]
1484208482690.jpg
58KB, 623x623px
>>59634122
I also wanna add that you need to make sure you enjoy programming, writing thousands of lines of code to bring a software to life, because you'll only not hate yourself for taking this path if you are passionate about it.

The only way to stay sane in this industry is to be insane from the start
>>
>>59632211

If you only care for getting a job, then there are two obvious way:

Java (+ spring) for big "collar and tie" companies.

Java Script (+ HTML + CSS + endless frameworks..) for web developer.

Everything eles is a meme or only for people that are genuinly interested in programming.
>>
I'm studying programming and all the teachers here tell us that nowadays we won't be getting a job as a programmer but some vague know-it-all who can perform well in every possible position in a company.

I know that social skills are required in a workplace but fucks sake I can't be expected to both develop a program and do the sales marketing for it.
>>
>>59632544
what do you mean ".onclick"? What are you developing in?
>>
>>59632211
>What are the best languages to learn for this.
when will this meme end?
When there is more than 1 of a thing, the things might be different.
Different means good at different things.

No answer to the question will ever give you the answer you are looking for as you clearly are so idiotic that you think that you need to learn one thing and then you can ignore everything else.

Programming languages are all easy to learn, pick one that other people within your domain is using and you can benefit from their work as well.
Switching to a new programming language is not complicated as long as you understand the fundamentals.

Learning programming is not the same as learning a programming language.
If you want to make a career into any field, either go to school, take a certificate or learn on the fly while you work in the industry, you don't go to 4chan asking for opinions.
>>
File: get.jpg (702KB, 1920x978px) Image search: [Google]
get.jpg
702KB, 1920x978px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.